Calendar events and Thunderbird

On ownCloud each user has their own set of calendars and their own email address. In addition, the ownCloud server has an email address for sending out password resets and other notifications that is not associated with any user or calendar. When using Thunderbird as an email client, with calendars synchronizing with ownCloud, the email address that Thunderbird is using for calendar invitations is the server level email address for ownCloud, not the email address of the calendar owner on ownCloud, and not the email address set in the calendar settings in Thunderbird. Indeed in my case the email address that is being used is not even set up in TB. This makes no sense and recipients of calendar invitations get emails from a completely unknown address. Surely this is not what is intended so why is ownCloud serving the wrong email address for calendar events.

Thunderbird is synchronizing its calendars with ownCloud using the Inverse SOGo Connector v 31.0.3.

I have tested creating ownCloud calendar events using an Outlook email client instead of Thunderbird and this sends out event invitations using the email address of the calendar owner in Outlook as you would expect, so the problem does not lie in the email client (Thunderbird) but in ownCloud or the caldav interface with ownCloud. I did not have this problem with previous versions of ownCloud.

Please help us by providing the following info. Before posting please also check the pinned "Known issues" threads and make sure that you're running the latest available version for your oC release: https://owncloud.org/changelog/

Steps to reproduce
1.Create new event in Thunderbird calendar where the calendar syncs with an ownCloud calendar.
2.Invite an attendee.
3.Save and Close.

Expected behaviour
Invitation is sent to attendee using the email address set up in the calendar settings on TB.

Actual behaviour
Invitation is sent with the 'From' email address set to the admin email address set up in ownCloud for sending out notifications. It does not use the email address of the ownCloud calendar owner.

Server configuration
Operating system: Ubuntu 16.04
Web server: Apache 2.4.18
Database: MariaDB 10.0.27
PHP version: 7.0.8
ownCloud version (see ownCloud admin page): 9.1.1
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: Fresh install updated from 9.1 to 9.1.1
Special configuration (external storage, external authentication, reverse proxy, server-side-encryption): Nothing special.

ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log)

Please paste possible errors in the following code block, see https://central.owncloud.org/t/how-to-find-webserver-or-oc-logfile-enable-php-logfile/808 for more info

Integrity status for oC9+

No errors have been found.

Hi,

there is an open bugreport about that here:

Thanks RealRancor, I hadn't found that bug report.
Cliff