We need help with our OwnCloud. OwnCloud version 10.11.0. PHP version 7.4. We use MariaDB
There is a problem with viewing the files in a shared link. The files are there but the preview is not working. The files can be downloaded from the download button in the upper right corner but the preview is not working. Many customers think there is nothing in the shared location.
Any help would be appreciated
Did you perform any update or is this a fresh installed ownCloud server? Which apps are enabled? Which extension does your uploaded files have(e.G. .txt)? Are there any errors in your Developer console? Your “Elements” preview in the Developer console should look something like this:
- Did you perform any update or is this a fresh installed ownCloud server?
We recently updated the php server from version 7.1 to version 7.3 but I’m not sure if the issue appeared right after the update. Our clients reported the issue couple of weeks after the update
- Which apps are enabled?
3.Which extension does your uploaded files have(e.G. .txt)?
This happens on all the files no matter the extensions .txt, .php, .jpg etc
- Are there any errors in your Developer console? Your “Elements” preview in the Developer console should look something like this…
I noticed couple of Security & setup warnings when I log in with admin account.
- Transactional file locking should be configured to use memory-based locking, not the default slow database-based locking. See the [documentation ]
- Some files have not passed the integrity check. Further information on how to resolve this issue can be found in our [documentation]/
- The “X-Content-Type-Options” HTTP header is not configured to equal to “nosniff”. This is a potential security or privacy risk and we recommend adjusting this setting.
- The “X-Frame-Options” HTTP header is not configured to equal to “SAMEORIGIN”. This is a potential security or privacy risk and we recommend adjusting this setting.
- No memory cache has been configured. To enhance your performance please configure a memcache if available. Further information can be found in our [documentation]
Below is a screen shot from the Developer console:
I noticed that the preview for .msi files is working now. But all the rest of file extensions are not working.
Anyone has an idea for the issue?
it seems the ownCloud people are providing documentation how to configure and enable the generation of previews here:
Maybe there is additional configuration or modules required to preview other file extensions?
I think it could be also make sense to update to the more recent version 10.12.1 of ownCloud, maybe this is also changing something?
This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.