Can ownCloud delete files by itself?

hello,

I can’t find my problem discussed in the topics/comments, so I address it here:

ownCloud (500, Version 10.13) seems to delete files by itself – is that possible? In the course of synchronising problems, we checked the activity report - ownCloud listed me as having deleted all missing files. So 4 days ago, I deleted approx. 100 files, says the Activity report – but I have not deleted any single file! Does anyone have experience with that?

I don’t have any other problem with my laptop so I would not say that I might have been hacked but this is sincerely a very stupid situation for me. I restored all the files now and need to hope that partners trust me that I really have not deleted any single file.

Thanks for your answer
and best regards,
Jasmin

Hello!
I, too, had many files spontaneously deleted, and the folders (directories) where they were located remained, but became empty.

I’ve had this situation happen 4 times already with different users. The last spontaneous deletion of files was experienced by a user with client 5.2.1.13040 installed on Windows-10.0.18362

I don’t know if the problem is in the client or server, but I opened a topic on github.
If your problem is similar to mine, write to my github topic so that the developers have more information.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.