Cannot access shared files

Hi
we run OC 10.0.11 and cannot access shared file from another user.

Steps to reproduce

1. I have made a new user, added this one to a group
  2. I can see the directories/files that are shared
  3. When i try to open a pdf, i do not get access to the file

Expected behaviour

I should see the content of the PDF file

Actual behaviour

Tell us what happens instead

Server configuration

Operating system:Ubuntu 16.04

Web server:
Apache
Database:
MySQL
PHP version:
ownCloud version: (see ownCloud admin page)
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install:
Updated for more then a year

Where did you install ownCloud from:
The official website - a download
Signing status (ownCloud 9.0 and above):
?

Login as admin user into your ownCloud and access 
http://example.com/index.php/settings/integrity/failed 
paste the results into https://gist.github.com/ and puth the link here.

“no errors found”

List of activated apps:
default encryption module
most others are not important in this case

**Are you using external storage, if yes which one:** local/smb/sftp/...
no
**Are you using encryption:** 
yes

**Are you using an external user-backend, if yes which one:** LDAP/ActiveDirectory/Webdav/...
no

### Client configuration
**Operating system:**
windows and linux with firefox

The interesting part, you omitted.

And what about the sharing details/config?

Hi Afredb

we had a user “Konferenz” the user that is “managing” owncloud had some trouble with the synchronisation, So he deleted user “Konferenz” and then made a new user “Konferenz”.
i checked the client and there were 2 Syncs after deleting one the client is working normal but notifies a problem on the server, certain files cannot be synced, a problem with the RSA-key.

There is a group called “Amt” (9 users), and the files that must be shared are shared with the group,
the “owncloud manager” is the member sharing the Files.

In order to test the problem a new user was made (zzztest) and added to group “amt”.
That user can see the filenames that belong to group “amt” but cannot open them.
That is the same with the new user called “Konferenz”

It seems that the encryption is the cause. We use the default encryption module.

My question is what to do make the encrypted files for group “amt” readable (decrypted) for new users.

So far i found that i can generally disable encryption with “occ encryption:decrypt-all”.
With 100 users i am not sure if this is the way and how to encrypt again afterwards.

Thanks in advance for any hint to solve this,
Jan

Thanks for your response. In my understanding, it should be possible, adding a new user to a group, without any hassling with the encryption. But I don’s dare to give advices for encrypted systems, as I never have used this feature.

I think you should try to update your installation first. 10.0.10 is old, and there has been changes around encryption through the versions, so the issue might be solved already.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.