Cannot connect to my ownCloud server on Linux Ubuntu

I cannot connect to our enterprise server on Linux Ubuntu 22.04 using the linux app.
After entering the server address, the app asks for user and password. After doing that, and click to next, nothing happens. no error and no message. I can’t just connect.

I am using the Version 2.10.1 (build 7389)

Thanks for your help

I have the same problem with Linux. I enter user and password it restarts and ask me again.

1 Like

Please provide (censored) screenshots of the wizard pages and most importantly the state where you get stuck.

here is basically where I got stuck. I just enter my credentials and click next, then nothing happens.

Can’t tell from the available information what the problem might be. Is this Linux-specific, or does the client not work from other OSes, too?

Could you provide a log, please?

Hello,
I uninstalled owncloud client and installed it again following the script on your website.
Here is the error message i get after the installation:
is that helpful ?

after the error above, i uninstalled owcloud client again with all dependencies following How To Install owncloud-client on Ubuntu 22.04 | Installati.one

then installed again and same problem occur : enter my credentials and click next, then nothing happens.

then i tried this and it works fine, i could have access to my owncloud as wanted. The problem seems to berated to Wayland. This is need to be activated manually as it is seen in the window:

after the error above, i uninstalled owcloud client again with all dependencies following How To Install owncloud-client on Ubuntu 22.04 | Installati.one

then installed again and same problem occur : enter my credentials and click next, then nothing happens.

then i tried this below and it works fine, i have now access to my owncloud as wanted. The problem seems to berated to Wayland. it has to be taken care of manually as it can be see in the window below.

Hi Eric_Simo,

I found this open issue on github:

It looks like @fmoc found a solution … would you like to elaborate on your insights?
The last user wrote he got it working using the ownCloud repo Install package owncloud-client instead of the distribution one.

Maybe this helps.

Hi, it still not working. owncloud crashes all the time.

of course, the github issue is still open so it had not been solved. So you’ll have to be patient or run your Ubuntu without wayland.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.