Cannot open OwnCloud folder from Windows taskbar Explorer right click menu while OwnCloud client is running

Expected behaviour

I like to right click on the pinned Windows Explorer icon that is on the Windows taskbar in order to open one of my pinned (or “Quick access”) folders. Recently I noticed that while the OwnCloud Windows client is running (on Windows 10), my primary owncloud folder (and any other folder inside) which I have pinned to Windows Explorer refuse to open when right clicking on the Window Explorer taskbar icon and then clicking on the applicable folder (i.e. owncloud folder or any folder within). Nothing happens at all. All other (non-owncloud) folders open without issue. If I kill the OwnCloud client, then right clicking the Windows Explorer taskbar icon and selecting one of my owncloud folders work (the folder opens in Windows Explorer normally)!

This leads me to believe that the problem is being caused by the Windows OwnCloud client, and not Windows itself. Has anybody else experienced this issue? Anybody know of a fix? And/or does the OwnCloud team have any plans on fixing this issue?

Client OS: Windows 10 Pro (x64)

Windows ownCloud client version: 2.5.1 (build 10807)

OS language: US English

Installation path of client: C:\Program Files (x86)\ownCloud

Hey,

i would report this directly to the bug tracker of the sync client or try to search there if any issues are known.

Will do. Thanks Tom!

1 Like