Cannot open .rar file in android using open use application

Actual behaviour

• Tell us what happens
    I have OwnCloud server (10.13.4) running in my Ubuntu 20.04 computer.
    I have Windows PC, and I sync directory with OwnCloud.
    I have a …rar file (password protected) in one of the subdirectories

I have also OwnCloud client in my Android 12 phone.I can browse those synced Windows PC fliles using my Android Owncloud client.

I open directory containing that password protected file in Android OwnCloud. Choose the .rar file and use option “Open with Application” ( I have Finnish version, so I may not use exact English words).

I choose X-plore (also UnRarZip installed), It opens X-plore, but in the bottom of the X-plore window it tells in red characters:

"Copy error: open failed:ENOENT (no such file oe directory)

Expected behaviour

• Tell us what should happen
    I open directory containing that password protected file in Android OwnCloud. Choose the .rar file and use option “Open with Application” ( I have Finnish version, so I may not use exact English words).

I choose X-plore (also UnRarZip installed), Using X-plore it should ask password, extracting the .txt file from .rar file and finally ask with which application to open the .txt file.

It worked earlier (month ago) like this. (X-plore and UnRarZip are the same versions now than month ago.

Steps to reproduce

Can this problem be reproduced with the official owncloud server?

Environment data

Android version: 12

Device model:

Stock or customized system:

ownCloud app version: 4.1.1

ownCloud server version: 10.13.4

Logs

Web server error log

Insert your webserver log here

ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log)

Insert your ownCloud log here

Hi @Heik! Thanks for opening a new thread!

We’ll test it and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible :smiley:.

1 Like

Does it only happen with one specific file or with any file? i tried to open a password protected .rar and the X-plore app ask me correctly for the password. Could you send us a sample file which you reproduce the problem with? (android-app@owncloud.com)

Thanks a lot in advance.

2 Likes