Can't change php session on ownclud

Hi!

I updated owncloud and php on a testing server.

Now I can’t login: the login page show’s me this.

then when I check the log and find this:

Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (\/opt\/rh\/php55\/root\/var\/lib\/php\/session) at \/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/Session\/Internal.php#106"}

the php on my centos is OK:

# php -v
PHP 7.0.33 (cli) (built: Mar 17 2020 08:28:33) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2017 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.0.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2017 Zend Technologies

Search in the phpinfo.php for session.save_path and verify that path is writable for the apache user.

1 Like

Thanks @eneubauer for the reply.

OK that path is of the old php: and now it does not exists:
“/opt/rh/php55/root/var/lib/php/session”

in te log says this:
Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (\/opt\/rh\/php55\/root\/var\/lib\/php\/session) at \/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/Session\/Internal.php#106"}

so I check the line 106:

how do I chance this path: that I know is worng: maybe delete it and let the OS (Centos) show the php path by default.

This is part of your php settings. You should be able to change this path in your php.ini, which, afaik, is in /etc on CentOS.

1 Like

438/5000

Thanks for your answer! but I insist, if I did an installation of 0: (I deleted the php 55 and then install the new one) the php.ini located in /etc/php.ini should I keep up with its update?

I was checking this on this other side: https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/573820/updates-php-on-centos-7-but-phpinfo-php-show-older-version/573901#573901

Sorry for my English, sometimes it is difficult for me to convey my problems in another language

I’m sorry I’m really not sure how the exact process in CentOS how to upgrade PHP. Where your php.ini is located, depends on how it is configured, which depends on which package you used to install it.

Generally it is not a specific ownCloud problem, I would recommend searching for help in a more CentOS centered forum.

1 Like