Can't delete files in webinterface

hello,
i started into owncloud with a virtual-appliance-image from owncloud.org.
after a while the users reported some issues with sharing and deleting files.

instead of find and search the problem i've set up a fresh ubuntu 16.04 and installed owncloud using mysql from scratch
everything was fine for like a week, then the same problems started

issue 1: if i delete a file in webinterface i get "Fehler beim löschen der Datei "test.txt" (roughly translated in english - error while deleting the file)

issue 2: if i want to share a folder as a link and try to enable the "allow changes" feature i get a neverending spinning circle

since the problem exists on two totally different systems i think i made a mistake in general at installation or configuration. any ideas?

Hi,

please fill out the template shown when creating a new thread. Up to now even the basic info like running oC version is missing. Also have a look at your logfiles as recommended there which might give additional hints about this issue.

im sorry that i didnt post the following info before but somehow i didnt get the template when i created the thread :slight_smile:

Steps to reproduce
1. log into webinterface
2. try to delete a file

Expected behaviour
file should be deleted

Actual behaviour
error message of deletion failure at center/top of the screen

Server configuration
Operating system: Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS
Web server: Apache2
Database: MySQL
PHP version: PHP 7.0.8
ownCloud version (see ownCloud admin page): 9.0.4 (stable)
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: fresh at 9.0.3.2

Integrity status for oC9+

No errors have been found.

owncloud.log

This doesn't look right:

{"reqId":"JCsq5f1D5w5rtdTVq4U\/","remoteAddr":"172.17.1.1","app":"OC\\Files\\Cache\\Scanner","message":"!!!
Path '' is not accessible or present
!!!","level":0,"time":"2016-07-27T09:51:26+00:00","method":"GET","url":"\/cron.php","user":"--"}

But I'm not sure if this is related to your problem.

Do you know how your created this file? Upload via webinterface/oc-client? Do you use external storage? Does it happen for all files (also newly created)?
Can you also check the permissions:
sudo -u www-data ls -lisa /var/www/owncloud/data/username/files/PATH/TO/FOLDER

multiple ways.. uploading a file, create a textfile, create directory etc. everything in webinterface

no

yes

here is ls -lisa output for my data directory
permissions

Any update for this issue?

I am not able to delete 3 files from my cloud.

Thanks

@bugtechies_parag Please create a new thread in the https://central.owncloud.org/c/help/oc-server category and make sure that you're filling out the issue template shown.