Cant locate the index.html root directory (in the VM)

I’m using the vm just succesfully configured the /etc/apache2/apache2.conf for the ssl certificates, point is I can’t find the index.html, and honestly I find a bit strange it isnt in /var/www/owncloud as in the manual installation.
So my question is, where do I have to point the DocumentRoot in the VirtualHost block?

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.1:443>  
DocumentRoot **/var/www/html**
ServerName blabla.com
    SSLEngine on
    SSLCertificateFile /etc/CERT/blabla.crt
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/CERT/blabla.key
    SSLCertificateChainFile /etc/CERT/blabla.crt
</VirtualHost>

how to change the /var/www/html part?

thanks in advance
bye bye

Maybe the following documentation is what you’re looking for instead of manually editing the apache2.conf?

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/latest/admin_manual/appliance/certificates.html

1 Like

certificates works, my problem is that I can’t find the index.html of the home, idk what to put in front of DocumentRoot

Mhhh, but why even care about the DocumentRoot when there is a documentation showing a possibility where you don’t need that? :slightly_smiling_face: I think there is probably a reason why the documentation is showing the addition of the certificates like shown in the link.

thanks tomorrow I will try that and if it works I will simply get acquainted to magic and don’t ask other questions… in case I will just say thanks, otherwise will ask again.

From what i know ownCloud runs on an own docker instance within the appliance and the Apache is just doing some redirection.

I think that is probably the reason why you need to configure it like seen in the documentation. Additionally it would explain why you can’t find this documentroot / index.html.

ok thanks now it works, but destiny decides I still have to understand how to point to the right index.html since by default it points on the control panel (you can arrive to login from there but…) and I would like instead to point to the login page only (users shouln’d see the admin page), where do I have to set this?

Maybe that needs some understanding of the base Apache Setup on the UCS?

I would wait for a few days to see if some one at this forums have this knowledge and if there are no additional answers i would ask e.g. at https://help.univention.com/c/ucs which is AFAIK the base of the ownCloud appliance.