CBR/CBZ epub reader in the 9x version of owncloud, it was awesome

This isn’t a bug so much as a plea for a feature that has long since been removed. When I first heard of Owncloud, I was looking for a storage system that would allow me to read cbr and cbz and epub files usually they are comics or books. Owncloud has an excellent utility the media viewer as in here: “h t t p s://marketplace dot owncloud dot com/apps/files_reader” sadly, that app stopped working in the 10x version and I haven’t been able to find anything even close to the magnificence of this app.

Now don’t get me wrong, I love owncloud. It’s sleek, fast and usually very trouble free. You can do everything you want with this resource and it just works. I have lawyers on it who do not trust public clouds using this. (I dont blame them)

If there is any chance, or hope or prayer that this app will return? I and many others who work too much and need to have a few moments break to read something online would be eternally grateful. If you never used this app, you would have loved it.

Anyways, thank you for such an awesome resource. I appreciate the hard work that has gone into it and you have created something really beautiful.

…a

Hey,

i think you could ask the app author if this 3rdparty app will return in a new version:

But i think when having a look at Issues · Yetangitu/owncloud-apps · GitHub there are no much hope as it seems this app is abandoned and would need a new maintainer :frowning:

I agree, I think it was abandoned. It sucks because that was the very reason I got into Owncloud at all. Now of course I use it for a ton of things, it streams to my pc or phone, just lots and lots of uses. I am hoping the developer see’s these posts and either drops the source so we can try to bring it back, or just brings it back themselves.I’m getting kinda old and having all of the comics I grew up with at my fingertips was great! Anyways, if you are reading this, please, it was a heck of an app.

thanks as always.
…A

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.