Change size of Files (Nautilus) overlay icons?

First of all I want to say that ownCloud is absolutely fantastic software. I've been using it as a full replacement for Dropbox (with our OC server running on a virtual server attached to our large storage) and it's just been a dream. Thanks to the devs!

I just have a small inquiry. I'm running Ubuntu 14.04, and while Files (Nautilus) 3.10.1 integration works great I personally find the OC overlay icons a bit too small -- here's an example comparing it to Dropbox:

I see that several icons sizes are installed (in various dirs in /usr/share/icons/hicolor). Is there away to manually instruct OC/Nautilus to use a larger icon size? Thanks!

I have opened an ticket in the client repository, we'll see what could be done.

Posting the issue here for reference: https://github.com/owncloud/client/issues/6094

I think the nautilus size is determined globally, that is, for the whole system - Nautilus itself might need to be recompiled for that. See https://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=309515 for reference (that one is about the icon's size, not the overlays, but you get an idea)

Thanks a bunch to both of you for addressing the "issue"!

I think I've figured out what's going on.

I checked the actual overlay icon files (located at /usr/share/icons/hicolor/ on my Linux install), and discovered that they look like this, here for the 32x32 "OK" OC overlay icon:

While the image bounding box is indeed 32x32, the actual icon is less than half that. This explains why it looks considerably smaller than the Dropbox overlay icon at the same Nautilus icon size level.

And I think the reason for this is that the OC icons are reserving horizontal space to accommodate for the "shared" status icon when it's needed:

ownCloud_ok_shared.png

(Would've placed this image also inline in the post but it won't let me since I'm a new user.)

So, one simple workaround would be to make the "regular" icons actually span the whole image bounding box, and make them smaller (or perhaps just put the smaller "shared" icon in one corner on top of the icon) only when the "shared" icon is also required.

I'll try tonight to modify the installed overlay icons and see if it works. Will report back.

Note: I also posted this to the github issue thread.