[CLOSED/SOLVED]Renaming of already shared folders 9.0.4

actually there's no "real" error happening (so far), its simply confusing when people share stuff with each others and having different foldernames (root-folder of share).

Steps to reproduce
1. create folder
2. share it to group AND User (user is part of that group which is already shared for)
3. rename shared folder

Expected behaviour
shared folder should also be shown with the 'new' name of the folders in webui and on client-systems (ownCloud-client)

Actual behaviour
still shows the old name of the share (only parent-directories of shares, child-directories dont seem to be affected by this).

Server configuration
Operating system: Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS x64
Web server: Apache 2.4.18
Database: MySQL 5.6
PHP version: 7.x
ownCloud version (see ownCloud admin page): 9.0.4
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: -
ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log, see https://central.owncloud.org/t/how-to-find-webserver-or-oc-logfile-enable-php-logfile/808): no log

Special configuration (external storage, external authentication, reverse proxy, server-side-encryption): nope, just basic stuff from scratch

Integrity status for oC9+

no errors

posted this here first to see if anyone cares, and later on maybe having a pull-request on github (realrancor möglicherweise?)

Hi,

when renaming a shared folder the following will happen:

• The user who is shared the folder will get the new name
  • The user / group who gets the folder shared will still see the old name (expected behavior)

See also:

Hi realrancor

thanks for the link.

I am explicitely asking about "folders" which were shared.

due to limitations of the file- & pathlength (255 Bytes) on most OS's, and the behaviour of some 'dummies' (informatikneandertaler) id suggest to have this changed for parent-group-shares at least.

so you dont think there's any demand on this?

I have no idea if there's any demand on this nor have i said something like that.

*typo/grammar:

so you dont you think there's any demand on this?

was asking for your opinion :wink:

I have no opinion about this as i don't have any use case for that. :wink:

Sir, I really do appreciate your opinion :wink:

I'll put a FR on github then.

Thread [CLOSED/SOLVED]