Configuration Error (prefix ): No LDAP Login Filter given!

Steps to reproduce
1. Enable LDAP user and group backend [0.9.0]
2. Enter correct AD information in the config (based on information found in WORKING version of oC (7.0.5 (stable))

Expected behaviour
Should see a "Configuration OK!" message with a little green light, but only, "Configuration Incorrect" shows.

Actual behaviour
"Configuration Incorrect" message shows at the bottom.
When I click "Detect Port", a yellow error message comes up, "Please Specify the Port, it could not be autodetected" (Port 389 was manually specified)
When I click, "Test Base DN" a yellow error message comes up, "Lost connection to LDAP server. The Base DN appears to be wrong".
Check the logs to find PHP Error, "ldap_bind(): Unable to bind to server: Can't contact LDAP server at /var/www/html/owncloud/apps/user_ldap/lib/LDAP.php#255"
As well as; "Warning user_ldap Configuration Error (prefix ): login filter does not contain %uid place holder." & "Warning user_ldap Configuration Error (prefix ): No LDAP Login Filter given!" - which I assume are there because of the PHP error.

Server configuration
Operating system: CentOS 7.2.1511
Web server: Apache 2.4
Database: MySql
PHP version: 5.4.16
ownCloud version (see ownCloud admin page): 9.1.2 (stable)
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: Fresh
Special configuration (external storage, external authentication, reverse proxy, server-side-encryption): NA

ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log)

Please paste possible errors in the following code block, see https://central.owncloud.org/t/how-to-find-webserver-or-oc-logfile-enable-php-logfile/808 for more info

{"reqId":"WEcq8aJHWl8yNxUSq5FQQAAAAAM","remoteAddr":"X.X.X.X","app":"PHP","message":"ldap_bind(): Unable to bind to server: Can't contact LDAP server at \/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/apps\/user_ldap\/lib\/LDAP.php#255","level":3,"time":"2016-12-06T21:17:37+00:00","method":"POST","url":"\/owncloud\/index.php\/apps\/user_ldap\/ajax\/wizard.php","user":"admin"}

Integrity status for oC9+

Login as admin user into your ownCloud and access
http://example.com/index.php/settings/integrity/failed
paste the results here.

Bump - is anyone able to point me in the right direction? Still not sure why this isn't working... :confused:

There are not many people with ldap-knowledge on the forum.

You could try at business hours on irc when there are some developers.