Need your advice to configure a Physical Disk on my Host Server with some content as an External Storage in OwnCloud. I have ZERO knowledge in Ubuntu and OwnCLoud, so depend more on the internet search for all kind of configuration.
Below is by OwnCloud setup done successfully and it’s just few days old.
Host Server: WS 2012 R2 Hyper Visor: VMWare Workstation VM for OwnCloud: Ubuntu 18.04 User: rameshrk OwnCloud 10.0.9 User: Admin Database User: ownclouduser
NOW i am trying to configure a Physical Disk on my Host Server with some content as an External Storage in OwnCloud.
- Attached the Physical Disk to the VM running OwnCloud
- Verified the disk is automatically mounted and contents inside are accessible
- Enabled External storage in OwnCloud portal
- Ammended the Config.php of owncloud with below entry to enable the Local storage
‘files_external_allow_create_new_local’ => ‘true’,
- Verified the portal now lists the Local
- Tried to add the disk as storage but it does not get successful
Not able to understand what i am missing or doing wrong
I have couple of 3TB USB HDDs, once the above is successful then would be trying to add these USB HDDs as external storage. And mostlikely it will follow the same steps as a Physical Disk.
Thank you in advance