Hey Guys -
I have run ownCloud (currently 10.0.0.9) in an ownCube webserver account for a couple of years now. I know it will work without being configured, but being a fan of keeping things up to date and maintained; I’m wanting to resolve the only two warnings currently displayed:
- Transactional file locking should be configured to use memory-based locking, not the default slow database-based locking
- No memory cache has been configured. To enhance your performance please configure a memcache if available
I’ve read up on both of these and seemingly Transactional File Locking and Memory Caching work hand in hand. I’ve read the documentation for how to configure each, but they seemingly both require CLI or admin access to the hosting server - neither of which I have.
So, overall, my questions are…
- Is it possible to install / configure these two options in a cloud server instance where I only have FTP, cPanel, & myPHPAdmin access.
- How can I find out which Memory Caching option may already be installed on the webserver (by ownCube)?
- Depending on the answers above, would it be safe to edit my config.php to try different configurations for these two features to see if supported?
- If possible to configure with the tools I have, which Memory Caching option is suggested for my environment?