Configuring trusted domains in the appliance

Hi there! Just booted the appliance, updated to the latest version (appliance 5.0-4 errata783, ownCloud 10.12.1), but getting the trusted domains error when trying to access ownCloud.

• You are accessing the server through an untrusted domain.
    Please contact your administrator. If you are an administrator of this instance, configure the “trusted_domains” setting in config/config.php. An example configuration is provided in config/config.sample.php or at the documentation.

As I understand it, the appliance uses Docker to run ownCloud, so modifying the PHP file won’t work.
I added OWNCLOUD_TRUSTED_DOMAINS=localhost,172.16.21.18 to the /var/lib/univention-appcenter-apps/owncloud/compose/docker-compose.yml file, and rebooted, but that didn’t seem to work.

How do you configure trusted domains on the appliance? Thanks for any help!

1 Like

Hey,

i never used the appliance so i can’t tell for sure but maybe the documentation around the appliance provided by the ownCloud people could help:

For example here there is a mention of a possibility to manage domains of the appliance:

1 Like

Did you ever find a fix for this, we are running the appliance and having the same issue.

Thanks
Brady

is there any one fix it?

We never got it to work, still looking for a solution.

Please, ask in the univention forums how you can set the trusted domains in the appliance.

I added OWNCLOUD_TRUSTED_DOMAINS=localhost,172.16.21.18 to the /var/lib/univention-appcenter-apps/owncloud/compose/docker-compose.yml file, and rebooted, but that didn’t seem to work.

That should be working, but the appliance might be doing something different (maybe the file is overwritten when the appliance starts)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.