Connecting to a windows Share

Good Morning, I hope you can help me, i am trying to connect to my windows server so that my pupils can access the documents they have created on the ipad from the computers in school.

Ideally i would like to continue to use DFS namespaces that every other service in school uses but at the moment i would like to just try and get this working. I would also like to know how I set the SMB as the default save location once it is working and how to remove the "/owncloud" suffix from the address of http://owncloud.domain.com/owncloud please.

Many Thanks.

Please help us by providing the following info. Before posting please also check the pinned "Known issues" threads and make sure that you're running the latest available version for your oC release: https://owncloud.org/changelog/

Steps to reproduce
1.Unable to connect or mount via command to windows share
2.LDAP configured and working.

Expected behaviour
Tell us what should happen
Connect to windows shared

Actual behaviour
Tell us what happens instead
storage not available

Server configuration
Operating system: ubuntu
Web server: apache
Database: unknown (downloaded preconfigred vhdx)
PHP version: unknown (downloaded preconfigured vhdx)
ownCloud version (see ownCloud admin page): 9.1.4
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install:
Special configuration (external storage, external authentication, reverse proxy, server-side-encryption):

ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log)

Exception: {"Exception":"OCP\\Files\\StorageNotAvailableException","Message":"Invalid hostname","Code":0,"Trace":"#0 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/files_external\/lib\/Lib\/Storage\/SMB.php(279): OCA\\Files_External\\Lib\\Storage\\SMB->getFileInfo('')\n#1 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/Files\/Storage\/Common.php(436): OCA\\Files_External\\Lib\\Storage\\SMB->stat('')\n#2 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/files_external\/lib\/Lib\/Storage\/SMB.php(616): OC\\Files\\Storage\\Common->test()\n#3 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/files_external\/lib\/config.php(231): OCA\\Files_External\\Lib\\Storage\\SMB->test(false, false)\n#4 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/files_external\/lib\/Controller\/StoragesController.php(255): OC_Mount_Config::getBackendStatus('\\OCA\\Files_Exte...', Array, false, false)\n#5 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/files_external\/lib\/Controller\/UserGlobalStoragesController.php(119): OCA\\Files_External\\Controller\\StoragesController->updateStorageStatus(Object(OCA\\Files_External\\Lib\\StorageConfig), false)\n#6 [internal function]: OCA\\Files_External\\Controller\\UserGlobalStoragesController->show(5, false)\n#7 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/AppFramework\/Http\/Dispatcher.php(159): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#8 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/AppFramework\/Http\/Dispatcher.php(89): OC\\AppFramework\\Http\\Dispatcher->executeController(Object(OCA\\Files_External\\Controller\\UserGlobalStoragesController), 'show')\n#9 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/AppFramework\/App.php(99): OC\\AppFramework\\Http\\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(OCA\\Files_External\\Controller\\UserGlobalStoragesController), 'show')\n#10 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/AppFramework\/Routing\/RouteActionHandler.php(46): OC\\AppFramework\\App::main('UserGlobalStora...', 'show', Object(OC\\AppFramework\\DependencyInjection\\DIContainer), Array)\n#11 [internal function]: OC\\AppFramework\\Routing\\RouteActionHandler->__invoke(Array)\n#12 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/Route\/Router.php(280): call_user_func(Object(OC\\AppFramework\\Routing\\RouteActionHandler), Array)\n#13 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/base.php(891): OC\\Route\\Router->match('\/apps\/files_ext...')\n#14 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/index.php(54): OC::handleRequest()\n#15 {main}","File":"\/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/files_external\/lib\/Lib\/Storage\/SMB.php","Line":172}

Integrity status for oC9+

No errors have been found.

Hello Karl,
please see this thread about SMB/CIFS and DFS:

Even so, it is for older versions, it might be, that You need to work with additional php-libraries.
DFS is a little special, because it redirects the client to another URI, that the requested. So the client has to read the feedback from DFS and than open the new URI to the correct share (DFS is not like a Proxy).

For removal of the "/owncloud" You might see here:
https://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?t=27854
Even for older version, but still valid, because it is apache, that needs to be configured.

Hope it helps
Carsten

1 Like