Considering Switching to OCIS from Nextcloud. CalDAV and CardDAV supported?

I’ve been running Nextcloud on my home server for a few years now and I’ve always been disappointed with the sluggishness and the bloat. I discovered OCIS today and tested it out a bit. It’s much faster (dare I say… blazingly fast?). I’m considering migrating everything over but I’m having trouble understanding how WebDAV works.

I use CalDAV and CardDAV with DAVx5 on my Android phone to backup my calendars and contacts to Nextcloud. Is there currently a way to do with with OCIS? If so, can you point me to the documentation for getting set up?

Also, is there a way to use a third party IDP like Authentik to manage SSO with OCIS?

1 Like

Good to hear that you see it as fast. Happy about that!
We are considering an inclusion of radicale to provide support for CalDAV and CardDAV. Do you need frontend as well or you work exclusively with Android? Because this is the challenge a webfrontend for radicale …
Yes, 3rd party IDPs can be used. We have tested Keycloak rather extensively.

2 Likes

Hey,

i had asked the same in the oCIS category (from what i know this category is about the PHP based ownCloud Server and not oCIS):

Maybe some one of the moderation team could merge both topics together to keep the info in one place?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.