Contacts Sync issue with oC 9.1 / Thunderbird 43 / SoGo Connector 31.0.3

Please help us by providing the following info. Before posting please also check the pinned "Known issues" threads and make sure that you're running the latest available version for your oC release: https://owncloud.org/changelog/

Steps to reproduce
1. Updated to oC 9.1. I had a few issues with a load of extra files from a previous install that weren't cleaned up so I deleted the owncloud directory apart from the /data and /config and manually unzipped 9.1. Since then, everything seemed OK apart from my Contacts.
2. All of my contacts seemed to have been lost. Maybe there was something that was lost in the upgrade or I was a bit too zealous in cleaning up... Anyway, not a big issue: I have a backup of my contacts of my local PC so I just did what I have done in the past to restore them:
3. I use Thunderbird / Lightning with the SoGo connector for my contacts. So I drag my backup folder into my oC addressbook folder in Thunderbird and to my surprise, the contacts aren't synchronised with oC.
4. If I then reload the Contacts web page of oC, I have an empty list.

Expected behaviour
I use Thunderbird / Lightning with the SoGo connector for my contacts. So I drag my backup folder into my oC addressbook folder in Thunderbird and to my surprise, the contacts aren't synchronised with oC.
If I then reload the Contacts web page of oC, I have an empty list.

Actual behaviour
If I manually create a new contact in Thunderbird, it gets uploaded. But bringing in a contact from another TB addressbook folder does nothing.
If I create a contact within oC, it then gets synchronised / created in TB without a problem.
If in TB I take a copied contact (which hasn't synchronised) and then edit it in the OC addressbook in TB, it does work. Problem is I have over 600 contacts to re-upload.

I know this looks like an issue more with Thunderbird / Lightning or the SoGo connector, but nothing has changed on my PC, only the version of ownCloud running on my server.

Server configuration
Operating system: Ubuntu LTS 14.04
Web server: Apache 2.4.7
Database: MySQL 14.14 Distrib 5.5.53, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 6.3
PHP version: 5.5.9-1
ownCloud version (see ownCloud admin page): 9.1
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: update from older ownCloud
Special configuration (external storage, external authentication, reverse proxy, server-side-encryption): none. Only a Class2 SSL certificate for Apache.

ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log)

Please paste possible errors in the following code block, see https://central.owncloud.org/t/how-to-find-webserver-or-oc-logfile-enable-php-logfile/808 for more info
Nothing has been posted since update and no issues relating to times when I try to synchronise

Integrity status for oC9+
OK. Did have issues before with a load of extra files that I have since deleted (see initial paragraph).

Login as admin user into your ownCloud and access
http://example.com/index.php/settings/integrity/failed
paste the results here.

Strange, having now tried on my other PC, it's all working OK again... :slight_smile:

Apologies, looks like it's a problem on my end or it's been resolved. I'll check with my laptop which was initially showing the problem.

1 Like