Contributing to Chinese (Taiwan) (zh_TW) team translation

Hello,
I’m Michael Tsao, a staff member of the Open Source Software Project under the supervision of the Ministry of Education in Taipei, Taiwan.
My team and I are compiling a list of open-source software to localize for the Taiwanese community and think ownCloud is a great software.

After joining the Chinese (Traditional) team on Transifex, I’ve noticed no members are signed up as a Reviewer role, which explains why there are many unreviewed strings. Is there an official reviewer(s) from ownCloud that reviews these translations or anyone can sign up to be a reviewer?

Lastly, what happens once we’ve achieved 100% with the translation? What process needs to happen to make it go live or allow the users to select the Chinese language when using ownCloud.

My team is interested in the Reviewer and Translator role but we need to narrow down our list first.

Hope to hear back from y’all soon. Have a great day!

Chinese Culture University, School of Continuing Education
曹晉維 (Michael Tsao)
E-mail:cwtsao@sce.pccu.edu.tw
Address:No. 231, Section 2, Jianguo South Road, Da’an District, Taipei City, 10659
Tel:(02)2700-5858 ext. 8630

4 Likes

As far as I know there are Transifex admins in the ownCloud team, that can assign the reviewer role to somebody.

I think new finalized translations should automatically be integrated into the next ownCloud release, however I remember that there have been issues with this before. Not sure what the current status is.

I will try to contact the transifex admins on the ownCloud team for you and clarify your second question.
Thanks, you too!

3 Likes

@eneubauer
Would you happen to know how often do they release a new version of ownCloud? If not, could you please ask that question to the Transifex Admins.as well?

Thanks for your reply and assistance! Please keep me updated when you hear back from the Transifex Admins.

Have a wonderful day!

There is no strict release cycle. In the past releases took between 1-2 months, sometimes a little faster, sometimes a little slower.

As far as I understand the releases don’t happen in transifex.

Highlighting @DeepDiver1975 and @cscherm, perhaps they can shed some light into the process.

1 Like

Ah I see. Thanks so much!

@microwave54 I added you as a reviewer to the project. Thank you four your help!

2 Likes

@cscherm Got it. Thank you so much!

As for the question regarding the actually implementation of the translation, could you please shed some light?

1. What process needs to happen to make it go live once the translation is at 100%
  2. eneubauer mentioned there has been issues in the past with implementation of other language translation. I would like to know if the issue has been resolved. Just wanted to make sure the Chinese translation implementation would not run into similar issues.

Thank you so much for your time and have a great day!

AFIAK we sync translations back to the core if the Transifex repo reached 80% of translated strings.

3 Likes