Decrypt and share errors

Hi Guys,

I am new, but using owncloud for 2 years. I installed OC on CentOS linux, and for storage I’m using QNAP external, mounted on server.

Now, everything worked just fine, until last 10 days… I did nothing (no changes to server, server config, oc config…). Suddenly, whenever I try to share file I get error:

multikeydecrypt with share key failed:error:0407109F:rsa routines:RSA_padding_check_PKCS1_type_2:pkcs decoding error

I tried to decrypt-all with occ, and it returns me error also, same type… .Error in decryption…

I have over 150 users, and 1.7TB of used storage. Please, can anyone help me what to do…

I also get error Data to large for modulus!

Please fill out the template:

Steps to reproduce

Expected behaviour

Tell us what should happen

Actual behaviour

Tell us what happens instead

Server configuration

Operating system:

Web server:

Database:

PHP version:

ownCloud version: (see ownCloud admin page)

Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install:

Where did you install ownCloud from:

Signing status (ownCloud 9.0 and above):

Login as admin user into your ownCloud and access 
http://example.com/index.php/settings/integrity/failed 
paste the results into https://gist.github.com/ and puth the link here.

The content of config/config.php:

'admin' -> 'Generate Config Report' -> 'Download ownCloud config report'
This report includes the config.php settings, the list of activated apps
and other details in a well sanitized form.

or 

If you have access to your command line run e.g.:
sudo -u www-data php occ config:list system
from within your ownCloud installation folder

*ATTENTION:* Do not post your config.php file in public as is. Please use one of the above
methods whenever possible. Both, the generated reports from the web-ui and from occ config:list
consistently remove sensitive data. You still may want to review the report before sending.
If done manually then it is critical for your own privacy to dilligently
remove *all* host names, passwords, usernames, salts and other credentials before posting.
You should assume that attackers find such information and will use them against your systems.

List of activated apps:

If you have access to your command line run e.g.:
sudo -u www-data php occ app:list
from within your ownCloud installation folder.

Are you using external storage, if yes which one: local/smb/sftp/…

Are you using encryption: yes/no

Are you using an external user-backend, if yes which one: LDAP/ActiveDirectory/Webdav/…

LDAP configuration (delete this part if not used)

With access to your command line run e.g.:
sudo -u www-data php occ ldap:show-config
from within your ownCloud installation folder

Without access to your command line download the data/owncloud.db to your local
computer or access your SQL server remotely and run the select query:
SELECT * FROM `oc_appconfig` WHERE `appid` = 'user_ldap';

Eventually replace sensitive data as the name/IP-address of your LDAP server or groups.

Client configuration

Browser:

Operating system:

Logs

Web server error log

Insert your webserver log here

ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log)

Insert your ownCloud log here

Browser log

Insert your browser log here, this could for example include:

a) The javascript console log
b) The network log 
c) ...

Please fill out the template:

Steps to reproduce

1. Open desktop or web client - owncloud
  2. Click Share
  3. Select user for sharing

Expected behaviour

File gets shared with other user, and it is usable

Actual behaviour

File gets “shared” but users can’t open it, and error on share action

Server configuration

Operating system :

CentOS Linux release 7.5.1804 (Core)

Web server:

Server version: Apache/2.4.6 (CentOS)

Server built: Jun 27 2018 13:48:59

Database:

MySQL Ver 15.1 Distrib 5.5.60-MariaDB

PHP version:

PHP 7.0.32 (cli) (built: Sep 15 2018 07:54:46) ( NTS )

ownCloud version: (see ownCloud admin page)

ownCloud 10.0.10 (production)

Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install:

Fresh install

Where did you install ownCloud from:

Downloaded from site, installed by manual from owncloud.org

Signing status (ownCloud 9.0 and above):

No errors have been found.

The content of config/config.php:

$CONFIG = array (

'instanceid' => 'ociyp4ky3ycxa67t',  'passwordsalt' => 'r7O/qe3ITu7RVEZmKNMbC5OY6/px3q',  'secret' => 'VDgv54rso8dSOwNVRnHFHmLXIVbF6GGfvp6XIWqwD1JcftQT',  'trusted_domains' =>   array (    0 => ‘owncloud.##.##',  ),  'datadirectory' => '/var/www/oc_data/',  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://owncloud.##.##',  'dbtype' => 'mysql',  'version' => '10.0.10.4',  'dbname' => 'owncloud',  'dbhost' => 'localhost',  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',  'dbuser' => 'oc_admin',  'dbpassword' => ‘*******',  'installed' => true,  'enable_certificate_management' => true,  'forcessl' => true,  'forceSSLforSubdomains' => true,  'mail_from_address' => 'no-reply',  'mail_smtpmode' => 'smtp',  'mail_domain' => ‘##.##',  'mail_smtpauthtype' => 'LOGIN',  'mail_smtpauth' => 1,  'mail_smtphost' => ’********',  'mail_smtpport' => '465',  'mail_smtpname' => ‘********',  'mail_smtppassword' => ‘******',  'mail_smtpsecure' => 'ssl',  'theme' => '',  'loglevel' => 3,  'maintenance' => false,  'trashbin_retention_obligation' => 'auto',  'encryption' => ‘enable',  'updater.secret' => '$2y$10$0RfIq6A7vBTvGBhnzJoc/eVSorl/B9TTpH5JqxHiy5gEeevf0bF9e',  'singleuser' => false,  'updatechecker' => false,  'filelocking.enabled' => true,  'data-fingerprint' => '713cad8ece352120658a18186b10ce30',);

List of activated apps:

• dav: 0.4.0
    • encryption: 1.3.1
    • federatedfilesharing: 0.3.1
    • files: 1.5.1
    • files_external: 0.7.1
    • files_sharing: 0.11.0If you have access to your command line run e.g.:

Are you using external storage, if yes which one: NO

Are you using encryption: yes

Are you using an external user-backend, if yes which one: NO

Client configuration

Browser:
Firefox, Safari, Chrome

Operating system:
Windows, OSX

Logs

Web server error log

No errors

#### ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log)

{“reqId”:“2d96420c-ed0c-40c9-ac2d-351246b93139”,“level”:4,“time”:“2018-12-06T12:23:30+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“192.168.11.82”,“user”:“maja.savic”,“app”:“webdav”,“method”:“PUT”,“url”:"/remote.php/dav/files/maja.savic/SNIZENJE%202018/SNIZENJE%20PL%2018/Sni%C5%BEenje%20PL18%20VI%20krug.xls",“message”:“Exception: HTTP/1.1 503 Encryption not ready: multikeydecrypt with share key failed:error:0407109F:rsa routines:RSA_padding_check_PKCS1_type_2:pkcs decoding error: {“Exception”:“Sabre\\DAV\\Exception\\ServiceUnavailable”,“Message”:“Encryption not ready: multikeydecrypt with share key failed:error:0407109F:rsa routines:RSA_padding_check_PKCS1_type_2:pkcs decoding error”,“Code”:0,“Trace”:”#0 \/var\/www\/html\/apps\/dav\/lib\/Connector\/Sabre\/File.php(234): OCA\\DAV\\Connector\\Sabre\\File->convertToSabreException(Object(OCA\\Encryption\\Exceptions\\MultiKeyDecryptException))\n#1 \/var\/www\/html\/lib\/composer\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/DAV\/Server.php(1129): OCA\\DAV\\Connector\\Sabre\\File->put(Resource id #458)\n#2 \/var\/www\/html\/lib\/composer\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/DAV\/CorePlugin.php(513): Sabre\\DAV\\Server->updateFile(‘files\/maja.savi…’, Resource id #458, NULL)\n#3 [internal function]: Sabre\\DAV\\CorePlugin->httpPut(Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Request), Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Response))\n#4 \/var\/www\/html\/lib\/composer\/sabre\/event\/lib\/EventEmitterTrait.php(105): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#5 \/var\/www\/html\/lib\/composer\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/DAV\/Server.php(479): Sabre\\Event\\EventEmitter->emit(‘method:PUT’, Array)\n#6 \/var\/www\/html\/lib\/composer\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/DAV\/Server.php(254): Sabre\\DAV\\Server->invokeMethod(Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Request), Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Response))\n#7 \/var\/www\/html\/apps\/dav\/lib\/Server.php(298): Sabre\\DAV\\Server->exec()\n#8 \/var\/www\/html\/apps\/dav\/appinfo\/v2\/remote.php(31): OCA\\DAV\\Server->exec()\n#9 \/var\/www\/html\/remote.php(165): require_once(’\/var\/www\/html\/a…’)\n#10 {main}",“File”:"\/var\/www\/html\/apps\/dav\/lib\/Connector\/Sabre\/File.php",“Line”:685}"}

#### Browser log

a) No errors in console log
b) No errors in network log

OK, please, close this thread, it is obviously not important, and my business processes depends on it…

Anyway, thanks for help.

This forum is for casual ownCloud users really.

If you have a business and would like professional support - I would recommend you buy a support subscription and get professional support.

Please write with your company’s email address to this email address to buy an ownCloud subscription and get professional support.

info@owncloud.com

I know what is a community forum, I own one large in my area, but I posted question, got req fo filling template, done it, and then mute…

Thx anyway…

Hey,

i think providing such templates are an absolute minimum when posting an issue like yours. But when doing so its still not guaranteed that some one reading / seeing your post has the knowledge to help you.

If you rely on your business then i think you shouldn’t count on the help of a community forums, especially if it comes to such special topics like encryption where most users don’t have any knowledge about. :frowning_face:

1 Like

This is the same error i am also getting. Few users suggesting above that rather go for enterprise edition. I only chose owncloud as it boasts having the largest community. But seems to be less effective when someone needs them badly.

Hey,

this isn’t a help either but maybe an explanation:

From my experiences most questions around encryption (like Occ encryption:decrypt-all, error multikeydecrypt with share key failed:error:04065072:rsa routines:rsa_ossl_private_decrypt:padding check failed which seems to be similar) are unanswered in this forums. I think this is because not that much users are using the encryption app and have the knowledge to give support for it. :frowning_face:

1 Like