Default folder created at each start

At each start of the Owncloud client, the folder ownCloud - <myname>@<server.name> is created. This folder is empty and not synchronised. Nothing appends if I delete this folder, Onwcloud works fine, but the folder is recreated at the next session login. I don’t see anything about this folder in the Onwcloud GUI. Note that this appends only on one of my two synchronised computers (Ubuntu 22.04 and Owncloud 4.0.0.10896 on both).

My question is: how to stop this folder creation at each start?

Jean-Yves

A possible workaround (but really just a workaround) is to remove the default sync root directory setting from the configuration file.

I opened an issue upstream to discuss this behavior and ideally provide a solution: Default sync root directory created every time accounts are loaded · Issue #10919 · owncloud/client · GitHub

1 Like

A tested the workaround and remove 0\default_sync_root=... in the file $HOME/.config/ownCloud/owncloud.cfg. Onwcloud works fine, but the config file is recreated at each start and then the default sync root directory. Thus, nothing changes :-(. In my other computer where there is not problem, the config file is a bit different and there is no 0\default_sync_root= line in this config file! On both computers, Owncloud client is the same and has been installed with the same process given in Install package owncloud-client for Ubuntu 22.04! Is there another config file to change?

Jean-Yves

Yes! Instead of removing the line 0\default_sync_root= from the $HOME/.config/ownCloud/owncloud.cfg, I replaced the content by a space 0\default_sync_root= and it works now: there is no default sync root directory created at each start. Thanks

Jean-Yves

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.