Desktop App Sync Issue: sabre/dav/exception/notfound

Expected behaviour

When users open the Desktop App it should sync files to the local ownCloud folder. then display a green checkmark when done syncing.

Actual behaviour

During the sync process red waring messages stating sabre\dav\exception\not found error is displayed. The sync process is extremely slower than normal. Seeing Error and Blacklisted messages on Not Synced tab under messages.

Steps to reproduce

1. Open the Desktop App
  2. Click to Sync Files
  3. Sync process begins
  4. Syn process starts
  5. sabre\dav\exception\not found error messages display
  6. Sync process extremely slow and hangs

Server configuration

Operating system: AlmaLinux v8.8.0 STANDARD

Web server: https://caladan.pedageomedia.com

Database: MySQL 8.0.34

PHP version: 7.4.3

ownCloud version: 10.12.2.1

Storage backend (external storage): 10TB SATA, 3x4TB SATA

Client configuration

Client version: 4.2.0

Operating system: Windows 11

OS language: English

Qt version used by client package (Linux only, see also Settings dialog):

Client package (From ownCloud or distro) (Linux only):

Installation path of client:

Logs

Please use Gist (https://gist.github.com/) or a similar code paster for longer
logs.

Template for output < 10 lines

1. Client logfile: Output of owncloud --logwindow or owncloud --logfile log.txt
    (On Windows using cmd.exe, you might need to first cd into the ownCloud directory)
    (See also Redirect Notice )

2. Web server error log:

3. Server logfile: ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log):
    Desktop App Errors sabre\dav\exception\notfound · GitHub

Sounds like a server issue. Enable HTTP logging, then check the desktop debug log for the errors, find the X-Request-ID’s, and grep for them in the owncloud.log.

Here you can find more information:

1 Like

@michaelstingl Thank you for your insight. I figured it had something to do with server configuration. Alternatively, I created a separate cPanel account in WHM for the subdomain to give ownCloud its own root level folder and account separate from the main website.

This is a better IT practice when installing and using large web applications in subfolders. It resolved the issue without any troubleshooting. Thanks again for your responsive help. It is greatly appreciated. I’ll use this method next time when I have more time to troubleshoot and mitigate impact on operations and staff.

Thanks again,
Dr. Shinshuri

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.