Steps to reproduce
1. Create a Microsoft Office file (Word, Excel Powerpoint, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, ...) and upload it to Owncloud
2. Sync the file with the Owncloud Desktop Client to a Windows PC
3. On the Windows PC: Open the file in the local file system with Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint or Excel) - without changing anything
4. Change the file on the server during the file is still opened in the local file system (from another PC or upload a changed file with the same name to the web frontend)
5. Close the file in the local file system (close the Microsoft Office program)
The desktop client should update the file in the local file system with the changed version from the server .
The desktop client does not change the file in the local file system. But the activity protocol in the desktop client says that the file is downloaded.
In reality nothing happens, even when you wait longer. No update happens if you close the local copy. Also it is not possible to force an update or any information of a sync conflict.
Client version: 2.2.3 (build 6307)
Client operating system: Windows 10
Operating system: Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS
Web server: Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu)
Database: mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.50
PHP version: PHP Version 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.19
ownCloud version (see ownCloud admin page): 9.0.4
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: Updated
ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log): nothing special
Special configurations (external storage, external authentication, reverse proxy, server-side-encryption): NO
This behaviour was discussed here in 2014 - but it is still not solved:
Files in local folders not being updated