Desktop Client - not sync correctly "External Storage"

Hi,

I'm using Owncloud Server 9.1 on Ubuntu 16.04. Within my ubuntu, I have external storages (SMB) configured and LDAP users. I have also set up cron tasks every 15min to "scan files:all" and also to run cron.php

Unfortunately, when a user adds a folder or file, other users can see it on web interface of owncloud but OwnCloud Desktop Client does not totally sync (even waiting several hours). Sometimes, navigating on webinterface does the job, but sometimes it doesn't

I found a by-pass : uncheck folder on parameters ("selective sync"), validate and re-check it and re-validate to force sync.
Nonetheless, this tip is quite heavy since we delete a lot of files and re-download them.

Is there a better way to do that ?

Thank you

Hi,

if you're using the current ownCloud 9.1.4 as well as the sync client 2.3.0 then please report this directly to the bugtracker at [1].

[1]

There is a new setting in the 2.3 client that enables you to turn on or off external storage syncing.

Which version of 9.1 are you using? It's the server's job to tell the client that a directory changed.

1 Like