Desktop Client Ubuntu 22.04 compatibility

Hello,
I upgraded my PC from Ubuntu 20.04 to 22.04 to get a first idea on how things look like and if/how everything works as expected.

Sadly, the desktop client does not start any more. I remove the software and dependencies completely, and reinstalled the package from the official ubuntu software repo, but its still not working.
I looked into the original ownCloud repo and saw that the latest version available there is for Ubuntu 21.10:
https://download.owncloud.com/desktop/ownCloud/stable/latest/linux/
So am I too early with testing or is something wrong with my maching?

Thank you and best regards!

1 Like

22.04 support for 2.10 is in QA right now, should be available soon (read: next week).

2 Likes

The updated builds have been deployed. You can install ownCloud on 22.04 normally now.

2 Likes

Thank you!

In the official Ubuntu 22.04 repo, there is still version 2.6.3 – when will that be updated?

Probably never since it comes from upstream Debian. You’re better off to add the ownCloud client repo to stay up to date.

It worked for me using the link indicated > Ubuntu 22.04. I could not install the debs, but the INSTALL.sh command line installation did the job:
(just launch it or copy/paste the commands in it)
Nautilus integration ???
I could not install Nautilus integration (which stopped working a long time ago alread on Ubuntu 20.04
I would be interested to know a way to get it back

I have the same issue; Owncloud isn’t running on startup and doesn’t open when activating the application shortcut. Typing “owncloud” in a terminal gives me a memory error. Reinstalling either doesn’t help (via software center or apt-get) or doesn’t seem to work at all (with the commands on the instructions-page or the *.sh. Adding the trusted key gives the following errors:

Warning: apt-key is deprecated. Manage keyring files in trusted.gpg.d instead (see apt-key(8)).
2022-05-18 13:40:57 URL:https://download.owncloud.com/desktop/ownCloud/stable/latest/linux/Ubuntu_22.04/Release.key [1412/1412] -> "-" [1]
gpg: invalid key resource URL '/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/isv:ownCloud:desktop.gpg'
gpg: SchlĂĽsselblockhilfsmittel`(null)': Allgemeiner Fehler
gpg: SchlĂĽssel 4ABE1AC7557BEFF9: 1 Beglaubigung wegen fehlendem SchlĂĽssel nicht geprĂĽft
gpg: SchlĂĽssel D94AA3F0EFE21092: 3 Beglaubigungen wegen fehlender SchlĂĽssel nicht geprĂĽft
gpg: SchlĂĽssel 871920D1991BC93C: 1 Beglaubigung wegen fehlendem SchlĂĽssel nicht geprĂĽft
gpg: Anzahl insgesamt bearbeiteter SchlĂĽssel: 10
gpg:       ignorierte neue SchlĂĽssel: 10