Did anyone succeed mounting Azure File Share as External Storage?

Hi:

I just want to know if someone made it work, I suspect I'm not completing the required fields OK.

In my situation, I CAN mount it in my Mac's finder as

smb://MYSTORAGEACCOUNTNAME.file.core.windows.net
The username es the storage account name (as MS says must be for Mac)
The password is one of the storage keys (and it is the same one that I'm using in ownCloud's external storage app config fields.

I don't want you to analyse a possible bug (I use a dated oc version in this case), just know if it works or not for anyone.

Thanks!
-->

Steps to reproduce

1. Create Azure File Storage Account
  2. Add the required data into External Storage part of Admin interface

Expected behaviour

It should mount the share when clicking in External Storage Link in Files area

Actual behaviour

Green Icon shines, but error message appears with "Storage Not Available" Message

Server configuration

Operating system:

Web server:

Database:

PHP version:

ownCloud version: (see ownCloud admin page)
9.1.2 Stable

Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install:
Fresh

If it helps, this is the expected command to mount it from Linux

sudo mount -t cifs //MYSTORAGEACCOUNTNAME.file.core.windows.net/MYSHARE [mount point] -o vers=3.0,username=MYSTORAGEACCOUNTNAME,password=qpc762zyzjP4fQYE41UJT9VJn8ci9x5/Nx6bsbods+KIPthcX7V5gsftS3UmJPTGeZ41ydhgKOVvIbvw==,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777,sec=ntlmssp

1 Like

Hi Juan Pablo,

This is what I've found concerning using Azure shares with Owncloud, and in general about using from Samba in Linux:

It think the problem is a matter of versions, Azure shares are compatible with Samba packages version 4.5.8, distributed in Debian GNU/Linux version 9 (Stretch), but not lower versions as the one distributed in Debian GNU/Linu 8 (Jessie), in this case 4.2.14 version.

I give you 2 links I've just wrote about that question:
* http://blog.villaraco.info/2017/10/mount-azure-share-from-linux.html
* http://blog.villaraco.info/2017/10/troubleshooting-owncloud-external.html

I hope it helps!

Joan

Hi jpgracia

I am the PM on Azure Files. Happy to help you 1:1. Please reach out to me at rena dot shah at microsoft dot com.

Thank You
Rena Shah
Program Manager | Azure Storage

1 Like