This question has been raised on the other forum, here, but the only solution offered was to modify some lines of code in OC core, which is hardly a solution.
- I use LDAP for authentication on OC 9.1.
- It's against institutional policy to allow an external app to change user passwords.
- Therefore, I need to disable the reset password feature, and ...
- disable user's ability to change password on their preferences page.
- My preference is to replace it with a message and link to the site where user's can reset their password.
- It seems like this should be a feature built into the LDAP admin section: (1) a checkbox to disable password reset, and (2) a text field to input a custom message.