Do not allow download for some files

Hi there!
In my owncloud the admin creates folders, sub-folders and uploads files such as Word, PDF, Images and Excel. I would like to block (not allow) the download for Excel type files to other users.
So other users cannot create folders and subfolders, but can only view excel files + view and download Word, PDF and image files.
How it’s possible?

This could be interesting for you:

1 Like

This looks perfect! Thanks so much!
How can I add it to my ownCloud?

This is an enterprise feature, as you can see on the Enterprise & Standard Edition comparison page, so you’ll need a subscription. If you’re interested I’d recommend to get in touch with sales, either through email (sales@owncloud.com) or have a look on this contact page

2 Likes

Hi,
We have the standard version and I was looking for the Enterprise version to use Secure View. But I notice that the download option would be hidden only for Office and PDF documents.
Is there a solution to prevent downloading .mp4 files when they are shared with public link? I would like the video to be only available for viewing and not downloading.
Thank you!
Marjorie

No this is not possible in ownCloud. I would recommend to have a look in the typical video hosting platforms if they offer a solution for this.

1 Like