DreamObjects Slow

I’m a brand new ownCloud 10.0.8 (stable) user, hosting on DreamHost VPS. I am looking for a way to get more storage and found out that ownCloud supports DreamHost’s DreamObjects via the S3 config. So I added it, but there is a big problem:

After adding 30 files (small .jpg and .pdf) it’s very slow to load the folders/files. 30 files (64MB total). It takes about 20 seconds just to load the folder of these files.

The iOS app took about 20 seconds the first time and then timed out. The 2nd time it loaded the files in about 15 seconds. Now whenever I tap on a file in the app it won’t load initially and error’s out with “the request timed out”. If I go back to the file list and try again, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. Or I get an OK dialog that says “It is not possible to connect to the server at this time.” It’s really bad.

I upgraded from the SQL lite to MySQL and there’s no change.

Anyone else encounter this issue? Or is there a recommended a fast alternative that I should be spending time trying to make work? Is the only way to have fast load times, to have everything on the local drive?

TIA!

Did you find a solution to this? I’m considering hosting owncloud on Dreamhost too.