Dropbox connection does not remain

I successfully connected dropbox to my OwnCloud instance. But a day later, I log in and get an error:

Some of the configured external mount points are not connected. Please click on the red row(s) for more information.

Clicking on the red row I get:

There was an error with message: Empty response from the server. Do you want to review mount point config in personal settings page?

If I go to the set up screen, the configuration boxes are all still green, but the indicator icon on the left is red.

And the logs include this:

{“reqId”:“pNaowbvX1in58bEXsYAk”,“level”:3,“time”:“2021-10-19T10:15:04+02:00”,“remoteAddr”:“172.68.186.96”,“user”:“admin”,“app”:“files_external_dropbox”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:"/index.php/apps/files_external/userstorages/5?testOnly=true",“message”:“Exception: {“Exception”:“Kunnu\\Dropbox\\Exceptions\\DropboxClientException”,“Message”:“Client error response [url] https:\/\/api.dropboxapi.com\/2\/users\/get_current_account [status code] 401 [reason phrase] Unauthorized”,“Code”:401,“Trace”:”#0 \/var\/www\/clientzone\/apps\/files_external_dropbox\/vendor\/kunalvarma05\/dropbox-php-sdk\/src\/Dropbox\/DropboxClient.php(161): Kunnu\\Dropbox\\Http\\Clients\\DropboxGuzzleHttpClient->send()\n#1 \/var\/www\/clientzone\/apps\/files_external_dropbox\/vendor\/kunalvarma05\/dropbox-php-sdk\/src\/Dropbox\/Dropbox.php(269): Kunnu\\Dropbox\\DropboxClient->sendRequest()\n#2 \/var\/www\/clientzone\/apps\/files_external_dropbox\/vendor\/kunalvarma05\/dropbox-php-sdk\/src\/Dropbox\/Dropbox.php(239): Kunnu\\Dropbox\\Dropbox->sendRequest()\n#3 \/var\/www\/clientzone\/apps\/files_external_dropbox\/vendor\/kunalvarma05\/dropbox-php-sdk\/src\/Dropbox\/Dropbox.php(1208): Kunnu\\Dropbox\\Dropbox->postToAPI()\n#4 \/var\/www\/clientzone\/apps\/files_external_dropbox\/lib\/Storage\/Dropbox.php(209): Kunnu\\Dropbox\\Dropbox->getCurrentAccount()\n#5 \/var\/www\/clientzone\/lib\/private\/Files\/External\/LegacyUtil.php(207): OCA\\Files_external_dropbox\\Storage\\Dropbox->test()\n#6 \/var\/www\/clientzone\/apps\/files_external\/lib\/Controller\/StoragesController.php(254): OC\\Files\\External\\LegacyUtil::getBackendStatus()\n#7 \/var\/www\/clientzone\/apps\/files_external\/lib\/Controller\/StoragesController.php(303): OCA\\Files_External\\Controller\\StoragesController->updateStorageStatus()\n#8 \/var\/www\/clientzone\/apps\/files_external\/lib\/Controller\/UserStoragesController.php(105): OCA\\Files_External\\Controller\\StoragesController->show()\n#9 \/var\/www\/clientzone\/lib\/private\/AppFramework\/Http\/Dispatcher.php(170): OCA\\Files_External\\Controller\\UserStoragesController->show()\n#10 \/var\/www\/clientzone\/lib\/private\/AppFramework\/Http\/Dispatcher.php(89): OC\\AppFramework\\Http\\Dispatcher->executeController()\n#11 \/var\/www\/clientzone\/lib\/private\/AppFramework\/App.php(100): OC\\AppFramework\\Http\\Dispatcher->dispatch()\n#12 \/var\/www\/clientzone\/lib\/private\/AppFramework\/Routing\/RouteActionHandler.php(47): OC\\AppFramework\\App::main()\n#13 \/var\/www\/clientzone\/lib\/private\/Route\/Router.php(343): OC\\AppFramework\\Routing\\RouteActionHandler->__invoke()\n#14 \/var\/www\/clientzone\/lib\/base.php(927): OC\\Route\\Router->match()\n#15 \/var\/www\/clientzone\/index.php(54): OC::handleRequest()\n#16 {main}",“File”:"\/var\/www\/clientzone\/apps\/files_external_dropbox\/vendor\/kunalvarma05\/dropbox-php-sdk\/src\/Dropbox\/Http\/Clients\/DropboxGuzzleHttpClient.php",“Line”:66}"}

Hey Carl,
maybe this is related to Dropbox’ recent changes to app permissions?

Cheers
Edi

It might help to re-authorize your owncloud instance once again.

Could well be. The “short lived token” moniker suggests that after a while, the link will cut. Hmmm, now for kippy non technical bozo (aka me) to try to fix that… I shall report back. In the meantime, if anyone else is linking their dropbox into their owncloud successfully at present, perhaps they might be able to help (says he hopefully).

I assume, on your Dropbox app page, you should switch Access token expiration from Short-lived to No expiration, just in case you haven’t done this yet.

My Dropbox mount is steady, with this setting. Switching to Short-lived as recommended seems to require code changes, for what you could open an issue at GitHub.

But I think they already know about the issue.

Thanks Alfred. I made that change yesterday. And indeed, it seems to be working. The link has lasted a day. Let’s hope for the best.

1 Like

@carlnielsen Is the Dropbox link still ok?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.