Erro : problems with the code integrity check

Hey everybody !

I installed OwnCloud on my server and I have an error: “There were problems with the code integrity check.

I have absolutely no idea how to fix this, if anyone can help me that would be nice !

I am just informing you that my OwnCloud is not on a server but only on a web hosting.

Server configuration

Operating system: None (Web hosting)

Web server: Online Dedibox

Database: Not sure about that, on my Web Host I have MySQL but I think OwnCloud is using SQLite

PHP version: 7.3

ownCloud version: 10.7.0.4 (Community)

Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: Fresh Install

Where did you install ownCloud from: Official Zip File

Signing status (ownCloud 9.0 and above): /index.php/settings/integrity/failed - OwnCloud · GitHub

The content of config/config.php: config.php - OwnCloud · GitHub

List of activated apps: Defaults

Are you using external storage: No

Are you using encryption: I don’t know but I don’t believe it’s enabled as I haven’t changed any settings.

Are you using an external user-backend: No

Client configuration, is that my computer ?

Browser: I’m on Mozilla Firefox 89.0

Operating system: I’m using Windows

Logs

Web server error log

I dont have a web server

ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log)

https://gist.github.com/CuauhComputer/47ad4b0a2da3d447e1ad9110b6aa54ab

Browser log

Is that really important ?

Hi,

Maybe this can help: Code Signing — ownCloud 9.1 Server Administration Manual 9.1 documentation

1 Like

@isantana please never post outdated links, 9.1 is not even a supported version. Use this link instead: Code Signing :: ownCloud Documentation

@Cuauh To me it looks like you already had files in your ownCloud directory before replacing some files with a newer version. And never delete or change files in that directory.
My recommendation:

• Be sure you have got a backup.
  • Download the current ownCloud archive from Download Server Packages - ownCloud
  • Delete all files and directories in your ownCloud installation directory but the directories
    apps-external config data
  • Upload all files from the ownCloud archive you previously downloaded
  • Delete the files_external_dropbox app and reinstall it

Be sure not to miss any hidden files (.htacces, .user.ini) when uploading the files.

Additionally I saw you are using sqlite as database. While this might be sufficient for a small cloud with a reasonable amount of files/versions/shares you might run into performance issues when your cloud is growing.

So if a database like mariadb is an option for you, consider converting some day, those docs will be helpful then: Converting Database Type :: ownCloud Documentation

2 Likes

Thank you very much, wouldn’t it be faster to completely reinstall the cloud?

Depends on if you have information or not.

The recommended would be to check first which files are modified:

As administrator go to settings, general and run the rescan from you integrity check test, you will get a list from files modified and you can restore as @cortho explained before.

1 Like

as cdamken wrote: If you did not store any data yet a reinstall is absolutely possible.

Be sure to delete all existing files/subdirectory in your installation directory first.
And you can think again of using a db server instead of sqlite as well.

Anyway, deleting the mentioned files/folders and uploading them again is not a big issue as well, at the latest when you are going to upgrade wou’ll have to perform more or less the same steps.

1 Like

From my point of view, if you don’t have shell access to the server, the installation ends up being unreliable.

Most of the actions to repair things if something goes wrong are done through the command line, not through the web. Upgrades are highly recommended to be performed via command line.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.