Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 425

Hey all, strange issue.

I have a group of files that cannot be downloaded via a web browser and they do not sync down using the Owncloud desktop client. When the calls are made to download with either, the server returns HTTP 425 (Too Early). The directory structure seems to be fine but the files are missing.

In developer console: AxiosError: Request failed with status code 425\n at mSe (server-url)\n at XMLHttpRequest.f (server-url:16:4125)

In Desktop client (abbreviated error):
Server replied “425 Too Early” to "GET [server-url…

This only seems to affect a limited number of files / directories. I added new files and they sync/download fine.

Server configuration

Operating system:
K8s / Ubuntu

ownCloud version: (see ownCloud admin page)
Where did you install ownCloud from:
Helm charts / ocis-charts

Hi @dgabehar, cool you are using ocis, hope you like it :+1:

425 is a special status used by ocis for files that have been uploaded but are still postprocessing.

Seems like one or more of your uploads is stuck in postprocessing. You can list incomplete uploads using ocis storage-users uploads list and restart failed uploads using ocis postprocessing restart -u {uploadID}

Not sure why these files are stuck in postprocessing. Maybe the server crashed during an upload? Hard to tell without logs.

You can check postprocessing documentation for more information: Postprocessing Service Configuration

@kobergj thanks for responding. Late yesterday I discovered a misconfiguration that was causing a backup of events in nats. For some reason store.nodes was set incorrectly and none of the services that use nats were able to connect to it correctly. I ended up setting store.type to noop and things started processing again.

Thank you!