Fatal Error Upon Upgrading to 9.0.4

Please help us by providing the following info. Before posting please also check the pinned "Known issues" threads and make sure that you're running the latest available version for your oC release: https://owncloud.org/changelog/

Steps to reproduce
1. admin
2. open updater

Expected behaviour
Tell us what should happen

Actual behaviour
received error: Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Symfony\Component\Process\Exception\ProcessFailedException' with message 'The command "php /Users/jaywasack/FindableWebsites/WebsiteDevelopment/owncloud/occ --no-warnings config:list --private --output "json"" failed. Exit Code: 1(General error) Output: ================ An unhandled exception has been thrown: exception 'Doctrine\DBAL\DBALException' with message 'Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory' in /Users/jaywasack/FindableWebsites/WebsiteDevelopment/owncloud/lib/private/db/connection.php:54 Stack trace: #0 /Users/jaywasack/FindableWebsites/WebsiteDevelopment/owncloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(429): OC\DB\Connection->connect() #1 /Users/jaywasack/FindableWebsites/WebsiteDevelopment/owncloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(389): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->getDatabasePlatformVersion() #2 /Users/jaywasack/FindableWebsites/WebsiteDevelopment/owncloud/3rdpart in /Users/jaywasack/FindableWebsites/WebsiteDevelopment/owncloud/updater/src/Utils/OccRunner.php on line 50

Server configuration
Operating system: MacOS 10.x
Web server: MAMP Pro
Database:
PHP version:
ownCloud version (see ownCloud admin page): 9.x
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: updating to 9.0.4
ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log, see https://central.owncloud.org/t/how-to-find-webserver-or-oc-logfile-enable-php-logfile/808):

Special configuration (external storage, external authentication, reverse proxy, server-side-encryption):

Integrity status for oC9+

Login as admin user into your ownCloud and access
http://example.com/index.php/settings/integrity/failed
paste the results here.

This error mostly means that your MySQL server is not running / not accessible by the occ command line tool using the PHP cli version.

Thank you for your reply. If I am operational and am trying to execute the Updater from the admin panel, doesn't that imply that MySQL server was running?

Hi,

you should note the difference between accessing MySQL via your webserver (PHP webserver module) and via command line (php cli). If one is working doesn't mean that the other is working too.

I'm not very technical and In the past I have not had problems updating so I'm at a loss. Do you have some suggestions on this? otherwise I supposed I can just stay with the current version.

Hi,

just don't use the updater app (always my personal suggestion as this one is broken since ages) and do the upgrade on the command line like described at doc.owncloud.org

You should also note that running ownCloud on Mac OS X is unsupported and you might face additional issues not happening on a Linux OS.

Good suggestion. Do you think I could run ownCloud on a raspberry pi with external storage. there we could put a linux OS.