Feature needed: Automatically share all files with every group the user is in

I have 5 different users which are in 5 different user groups. One of them is in also in the other 5 groups and
would need to automatically see all files and folder that are uploaded from the users. So I’d need an option that shares everything with the user’s group without the user having the option to turn that off.
Is there a way to accomplish that?

If you are willing to get your hands dirty, you can achieve this custom feature by writing an app. In the app, listen to file post-write event and in the callback of this event create the related share.

Also, you need to https://github.com/owncloud/core/blob/18831fa81167a9a876d0bb0d06c5106460714743/lib/private/Share20/Manager.php#L1126 listen share.beforeDelete event and prevent the deletion of the app-created shares.

2 Likes

We follow a self-service philosophy for our development, so any share given to you can be “unshared” which makes it a “pending” share and you can find it there again … to force somebody to receive a share is counter to that …

However, when you as admin mount external storage for your user or a group of users, I think those can’t be unshared. Those are forced and work the same way … with the advantage/disadvantage that they have no owner.

You can use a local mount for that or an external mount. The first you have to enable in the config as its off by default for security reasons.

Feedback welcome!

2 Likes