File names not readable on mobile devices on OC 10.0.3

Hello,
first off, thanks a lot to the OwnCloud developer team. It's needless to say that this software is purely amazing.
Now let's get to my little issue.

Steps to reproduce

1. Install OC 10.0.3
  2. Open it using your phone or the Google Chrome "phone simulation" with for example the Galaxy S5

Expected behaviour

It should list the files normally like it does on my installation of OC9.
Like this.

Actual behaviour

Depending on the size of the phone, only the first few letters or simply just three periods are being shown.
Like this.
What I do realize from inspecting it further is that in the old version for example the span with the class "uploadtext" is at the same spot as "innernametext", whereas in the new version it is taking up a bit of space on the right of "innertext". When I remove "uploadtext", the problem doesn't fully disappear, but there's more text visible.
I suppose this is a glitch in the new design or I am simply doing something completely wrong.

imgur.com/a/JiQ3L Here is another screen shot of what it looks like.

Server configuration

Operating system: Debian Stretch (Debian Wheezy on alternative server where it shows the same behavior)

Web server: apache2

Database: MariaDB 10.1.26 (MySQL on alternative server...)

PHP version: 7.0 (5.0 on alternative server...)

ownCloud version: 10.0.3.3

Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: Updated from 9.0.3 (fresh install on alt server)

Where did you install ownCloud from: The zip file provided

Signing status (ownCloud 9.0 and above): gist.github.com/anonymous/ade5220318f98339174a7a88be45f6b7

The content of config/config.php: gist.github.com/anonymous/febd071952a06535116b8cfeb4d24ef9

List of activated apps: gist.github.com/anonymous/b3e12ae16a44bab1ae675632f45f10a9

Are you using external storage, if yes which one: No, it's all within the web directory.

Are you using encryption: No.

Are you using an external user-backend, if yes which one: No.

Client configuration

Browser: It's critical on mobile browsers (iPhone and Android (Chrome)) as well as with the mobile simulation feature of Google Chrome desktop.

Operating system: Windows 7, Android, iOS...

Logs

Web server error log

There is nothing coming up in the error log when this happens.

ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log)

gist.github.com/anonymous/0ba3c4e2c3691dbfeccf202e5854913a

Browser log

`
Insert your browser log here, this could for example include:
It only keeps telling me that 'tipsy' is deprecated.

Sorry about the ugly links, the forum only allowed me to create two hyperlinks at max.

Thanks in advance for any possible help.

Isn't it recommended to report such issues to a bugtracker?

Reported in https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/29546

I don't think this will be ready for 10.0.4 (already wrapping things up for the release). Meanwhile you can try the native mobile apps.

Hey,
I found a solution:
I realized in the new mobile.css (apps/files/css) there’s the part missing where it hides the size and date thingy when its on “mobile mode”, so I re-added that from the old version:

/* hide size and date columns */
table th#headerSize,
table td.filesize,
table th#headerDate,
table td.date {
display: none;
}

Also, I changed this value from 50% to 100% as after hiding the date and size it was still acting up:

/* ellipsis on file names */
table td.filename .nametext .innernametext {
max-width: 100%;
}

I don’t think this is the proper solution as it’s still not working 100% fine but things are readable again.

I hope I could help others by sharing this.

Unfortunately the bug report has been somewhat closed.

The report was automatically closed due to lack of activity. Feel free to reopen if it still happens in newer versions or keep the issue alive.