Files are not displayed if there are many files in the folder

Hello all,
when i upload many (2500 Files in a folder (=1.6GB) i can’t see the content of this folder.
Owncloud prints “Folder is not available. Please contact your Administrator and check the logs”
But upload works fine. And i can find all files in Linux-File-System.

All other folders are working fine. There is just another folder with mor than 1500 files. There is the same issue.

Can sombody help me?

Best regards
/Sascha

Steps to reproduce

1. Create a Folder
  2. Upload 2500 Files (= 1.6 GB)
  3. Try to show the content of this folder

Expected behaviour

All files should be shown

Actual behaviour

Message: “Folder is not available. Please contact your Administrator and check the logs”

Server configuration

Operating system: CentOS7

Web server: APACHE

Database: SQLITE3

PHP version: 5.3

ownCloud version: 10.1.1.1

Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: Migratet from another FreeBSD-Server

Signing status (ownCloud 9.0 and above): There are 2 Files missing in App “market” -> README.MD and CHANGELOG.MD

The content of config/config.php:

cannot upload - cannot paste (body is to small for it) When you need further informations please contact me.

List of activated apps:

Enabled:
  - activity: 2.4.2
  - comments: 0.3.0
  - configreport: 0.1.2
  - dav: 0.4.0
  - federatedfilesharing: 0.3.1
  - federation: 0.1.0
  - files: 1.5.2
  - files_external: 0.7.1
  - files_pdfviewer: 0.11.0
  - files_sharing: 0.11.0
  - files_texteditor: 2.3.0
  - files_trashbin: 0.9.1
  - files_versions: 1.3.0
  - files_videoplayer: 0.9.9
  - firstrunwizard: 1.1.1
  - gallery: 16.1.1
  - market: 0.4.0
  - notifications: 0.4.1
  - provisioning_api: 0.5.0
  - systemtags: 0.3.0
  - templateeditor: 0.4.0
  - updatenotification: 0.2.1
Disabled:
  - encryption
  - external
  - user_external

Client configuration

Browser: Tested with Chrome and Firefox (latest Version)

Logs

ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log)

{"reqId":"XicaO94MzER3yXK6QjEoPAAAAA4","level":4,"time":"2020-01-21T15:35:24+00:00","remoteAddr":"10.20.0.50","user":"einkauf","app":"webdav","method":"PROPFIND","url":"\/remote.php\/da
v\/files\/einkauf\/CAD-Einkauf\/AG\/AG14","message":"Exception: An exception occurred while executing 'SELECT * FROM \"oc_share\" WHERE ((\"item_type\" = ?) OR (\"item_type\" = ?)) AND
((\"share_type\" = ?) OR (\"share_type\" = ?) OR (\"share_type\" = ?)) AND (\"uid_initiator\" = ?) AND (\"file_source\" IN (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?,
?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)) AND ((\"item_type\" = ?) OR (\"item_type\" = ?)) AND ((\"share_type\" = ?) OR (\"share_type\" = ?) OR (\"share_type\" = ?)) AND (\
"uid_initiator\" = ?) AND (\"file_source\" IN (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?,
?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?

This will most likely be the root cause of the problem. Can you migrate to MySQL/MariaDB?

Please update your PHP and then your ownCloud.

Recommendation:
PHP 7.2 or higher
ownCloud 10.3. or higher

Hello @eneubauer

thank you very much for this reply.
I had the same fear that SQLite3 might be the problem. Will update to MySQL tonight. Unless there is a known parameter for SQLite3 that solves the problem for now. Then I’m not under any time pressure.

Thank you very much for your help. Will report if the issue is fixed then.

Kind regards
/Sascha

Hello @eneubauer,

now i tried to convert my database from SQLite3 to MySQL.
I’ve got following error what is described in here Bug - Convert-Tool

Do you have any idea for a workaround with the current versions? Like changing SQL-Statement-Limits etc.? I have no expierience with SQLite3 so i have to learn more about it.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards
/Sascha

Hey,

personally i would first update to a more recent version 10.3.2 of ownCloud and then i would try to follow the official documentation for a migration from SQLite to MySQL:

https://doc.owncloud.com/server/10.3/admin_manual/configuration/database/db_conversion.html

1 Like

I’m sorry but the information in the docs is incorrect.
I don’t think there is a way to move from SQLite to MySQL/MariaDB as there is the following issue:

I’ve created an issue in the docs repo to fix the documentation:

Hey @eneubauer,

maybe i’m wrong but if i’m understanding the following comment of @pmaier1 correctly this issue should be addressed already in ownCloud 10.3.0 ?

It looks to me that there is only an issue if some one is using a newer version of MariaDB where ownCloud itself doesn’t have any compatibility?

1 Like

Correct @tom42. With 10.3.0 we released fixes for occ db:convert-type (https://github.com/owncloud/core/pull/35390). As mentioned in the release notes (https://doc.owncloud.com/server/admin_manual/release_notes.html#changes-in-10-3-0; “Solved known issues”), the command is still in an experimental state. So, please give it a shot and let us know your feedback.

2 Likes

Feedback and reports here: https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/27075

2 Likes

Hey,

great info. Unfortunately i don’t have a github account as well as a SQLite setup to do any testing (running MySQL since i have setup my first ownCloud 10.0 installation).

Maybe some one with a github account could post some notes to https://github.com/owncloud/docs/issues/2254 that the functionality isn’t broken in < ownCloud 10.3.0 and just in an “experimental” state?