Files deleting by themselves

Guys I am having a symptom from the past 2 days that files are getting erased from my shared folders.
They just go straight to the trash bin and I don’t know what is causing it.
How can I find out which user is causing it? Or where?
Please help!

Teo

Wasn’t the Activity app made for just this? I’m not sure, as I don’t use it, but you might have a look.

It says removed by the admin but no one has made changes.
I have tried restoring a replica but as soon as it goes live, owncloud starts deleting files again. Don’t know how to reset so the content stays as it is without modifications until I reset all clients again.
It must be something in a windows client doing this.
How can I restore the server and make sure no files get deteled after restoring it?

Please, always fill the issue template as much as possible. There have been improvements with the messages in the activity app that could help to know what happened.

Is there a way that after restoring a backup for the server I can let Windows clients know the server is the latest version so they update from it ignoring local changes? Just want to make sure it doesn’t happen again. Or do I need to remove the sync and create a new sync to the restored server?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.