Files missing; file_locks transactions failing

Hi.
I have been using owncloud for years as a backend to access files from some folders in my www server from my job site, so in case someone broke into it, at least it did not have the key for the whole server.

This means I work with a local external storage.

Last time I opened owncloud, I noticed some folders were empty or refused to open.
The same folders are in the same situation if I unmount and remount them (if I remove them from the “external storage” config and add them again).

The files are there again if I configure as “webdav external storage” the cpanel webdav system (it is a new feature in my host, and I think it, joined to the end of web setup, will be the ultimate reason to discontinue using owncloud).

I have a big, big, log. It is full of failed SQL transactions like this:

{“reqId”:“W9Nh2Xn9tiucm0aWiSUF4QAAACY”,“level”:0,“time”:“2018-10-26T18:50:03+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“83.40.63.76”,“user”:“jose”,“app”:“core”,“method”:“REPORT”,“url”:"/remote.php/dav/comments/files/618/",“message”:“Exception while scanning file “ejercicios basicos sintaxis.doc”: An exception occurred while executing ‘INSERT INTO “oc_file_locks” (“key”,“lock”,“ttl”) SELECT ?,?,? FROM “oc_file_locks” WHERE “key” = ? HAVING COUNT(*) = 0’ with params [“files\/0a7a47404c8962db473d51ffad3f2bb8”, 1, 1540583403, “files\/0a7a47404c8962db473d51ffad3f2bb8”]:\n\nSQLSTATE[25P02]: In failed sql transaction: 7 ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block”}

My server is a slightly outdated 10.0.8 server; I tried to update it the last week and the update came to what seemed an infinite loop. That could be the reason of the problem, but I’m unsure (maybe the problem arose before but I did not notice it).
Another possible origin of the failure is the same external storage being configured as user and systemwide external storage.

The problem could be in my database also. It uses an outdated mysql that uses outdated DB engines (innoDB instead of Barracuda).

I had thought about removing and re-installing owncloud, but, since newer owncloud lacks web setup, I’m unsure about doing that. Maybe I finally remove it. At least, I have all my files stored in un-encrypted external storage folders, so I can turn into another cloud storage solution.

The situation does not change cleaning the oc_files_lock or oc_files_cache tables.

Can you summup your topic in one or two questions?

It’s hard to understand what your issue is or whether or not you want help.

2 Likes