I doubt this is a server problem, rather, it is a user ignorance problem. Can I get a pointer to the right document, or a list of the basic steps to sync calendars between the ownCloud calendar app and the Android calendar app? Never have used either app before.
Steps to reproduce
1. Created an admin account after installing ownCloud.
2. Created a user account for me personally (don).
3. Logged into the ownCloud server as don.
4. Created an event on the Personal calendar.
5. Fired up CalDAV-Sync on the phone.
6. Added new account.
7. Fired up Calendar app on the phone.
The newly-created appointment on the server calendar, appears on the phone calendar.
Phone displays an empty calendar. However, if I try to create a calendar event on the phone, I get a message that I must add a calendar.
Operating system: Linux don-desktop 4.5.0-1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.5.1-1 (2016-04-14) x86_64
Web server:Apache/2.4.25 (Debian)
ownCloud version (see ownCloud admin page):9.1.3
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install:fresh
Special configuration (external storage, external authentication, reverse proxy, server-side-encryption):none
ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log)
Integrity status for oC9+
No errors have been found.
Android version 4.4.2 / 19
Android Calendar app 4.4.2-eng.bp_sync.20160310.113228