Folder Permissions and "Reparse Point"

I’ve recently moved all my OneDrive cloud storage over to my personal OwnCloud storage. After doing so, I resync’d the database as the docs stated. Now I am running into issues with permissions when trying to upload from my PC to one of the directories I copied over from onedrive. I am perfectly able to upload to newly crated directories. What am I missing here, because all the file and folder permissions look correct (or even excessive)?

edit: I thought there was an OCC command to fix file\folder permissions and ownership but I cant seem to find it.

Try running a file scan:
https://doc.owncloud.com/server/10.9/admin_manual/configuration/server/occ_command.html#the-filesscan-command

That’s how I added the files to the db in the first place?

sudo -u www-data php /usr/local/bin/occ files:scan

You could try it with the --repair flag?

Running it again now, flagged, going to be a while.

An ls -al Of the directory shows:

What’s with that? Newly created folders and uploaded files within this folder (the one I’ve migrated) don’t show this.

I’m able to upload a file without error from my iPad. Will have to check PC when I get back to it.

Still cant from the PC. Strange.

And from the browser on the PC:

The unsupported reparse point is what you need to find out.
How did you migrate your data?

iirc …

I downloaded the entire contents of my onedrive account to a portable hdd in windows.

Then I copied the entire downloaded onedrive folder over to the [user]/files folder with:

sudo -u www-data cp /path/to/onedrive/folder /path/to/owncloud/[user]/files
then
sudo -u www-data php /path/to/occ files:scan

I did some file permissions somewhere in there also.

Just to eliminate the client and client software, I tried uploading from my linux machine through the browser and ran into the same problem.

I see that there has been past issues where windows links break things? I can’t really tell because to be honest I didn’t even know windows did linking like we do in linux >.>. Do you think this could be part of the issue? Maybe this needs to be added to the --repair functionality? I wonder if I should re-download my onedrive contents in linux instead? Or if I can just mass unlink all the files? Or am I way off base here?

I think the file is not really there. There is some kind of link, that doesn’t really work. Perhaps you have some way of analyzing, where that link was supposed to point?

I don’t think this is a thing ownCloud needs to fix. I think if you downloaded that file through say sftp it would also be corrupt.

I think the file is not really there. There is some kind of link, that doesn’t really work. Perhaps you have some way of analyzing, where that link was supposed to point?

I wish that were true. The very same file that I copied from the portable hdd to the owncloud server is there and working correctly, from the hdd. Ill try unzipping the same file on the server…

1 Like

I guess you’re right! Super weird. I wonder how and why this happened.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.