Folders name with (2)

Owncloud Version : 9.1.8
openSUSE 13.2 Harlequin
php 5.6.1

Hi - we have a issue with our server that’s causing some problems.

We have a few folders with excessive (2) in their names. This I believe was fixed in this version.

But…

How do I rename these folders? I cannot rename from the admin web interface, it fails when I try. In the error log I get

Exception: {“Message”:“HTTP/1.1 400 File name is too long”,“Exception”:“OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Exception\InvalidPath”,“Code”:0,“Trace”:"#0 /srv/www/htdocs/owncloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php(903): OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\ObjectTree->getNodeForPath(‘NAME (2) (2) (2…’)\n#1 /srv/www/htdocs/owncloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/CorePlugin.php(334): Sabre\DAV\Server->getPropertiesForPath(‘NAME (2) (2) (2…’, Array, 1)\n#2 [internal function]: Sabre\DAV\CorePlugin->httpPropFind(Object(Sabre\HTTP\Request), Object(Sabre\HTTP\Response))\n#3 /srv/www/htdocs/owncloud/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/EventEmitterTrait.php(105): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#4 /srv/www/htdocs/owncloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php(459): Sabre\Event\EventEmitter->emit(‘method:PROPFIND’, Array)\n#5 /srv/www/htdocs/owncloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php(248): Sabre\DAV\Server->invokeMethod(Object(Sabre\HTTP\Request), Object(Sabre\HTTP\Response))\n#6 /srv/www/htdocs/owncloud/apps/dav/appinfo/v1/webdav.php(61): Sabre\DAV\Server->exec()\n#7 /srv/www/htdocs/owncloud/remote.php(164): require_once(’/srv/www/htdocs…’)\n#8 {main}",“File”:"/srv/www/htdocs/owncloud/apps/dav/lib/Connector/Sabre/ObjectTree.php",“Line”:126,“User”:“admin”}

And I cannot see any correlation to these folders in the Linux back-end.

Can someone shed some light as to where I can do this? or how I fix it. This stop the client from syncing the files as it times out/path too long - and cannot access them in the admin site either.

If you can’t delete it from the web UI, you’ll likely need to access to the DB and remove the entry from the “oc_filecache” table (you can check by name and by path). Consider this as a last resort if you don’t find a better way.

1 Like