Getting dupe photo uploads with (2), (3), etc. in the name

Hi. Not sure if it’s desktop or server, we have 2 android phones uploading their photos and almost each photo gets multiple copies with indexes in the name like (2), (3), etc. It exists for a long time, survived server and desktop client updates. Both phones are Samsung (S10e and S22). Tried to search, but did not find similar issue discussed.

I’ll provide logs, etc. if noone experienced that before and there’s no solution.

Regards,
Vitaly

Expected behaviour

Photo uploads from Android devices get downloaded by the desktop client once

Actual behaviour

It seems the desktop client is trying to download the same file multiple times for some reason. As result, I’m getting the same files with indexes added to the name like
20230328_121540(2).jpg. A file may get more than one dupe with indexes like (3), (4), etc.

Steps to reproduce

1. Make a photo on Android phone
  2. Wait until it gets uploaded to Owncloud
  3. Check local folder on Windows for photos where desktop client syncs photos

Server configuration

Operating system: Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS

Web server: Apache2

Database: mariadb

PHP version: 7.4.3

ownCloud version: Community 10.9.1.2

Storage backend (external storage):

Client configuration

Client version: 3.2.1

Operating system: Windows 11

OS language: English

Qt version used by client package (Linux only, see also Settings dialog):

Client package (From ownCloud or distro) (Linux only):

Installation path of client: C:\Program Files\ownCloud

Logs

Please use Gist (https://gist.github.com/) or a similar code paster for longer
logs.

Template for output < 10 lines

1. Client logfile: Output of owncloud --logwindow or owncloud --logfile log.txt
    (On Windows using cmd.exe, you might need to first cd into the ownCloud directory)
    (See also Redirect Notice )

2. Web server error log:

3. Server logfile: ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log):

I think it’s about multiple uploads from Android, not multiple downloads on the desktop. Moving to Android category…

Thanks. Yes, could be. Android app behavior is strange now. Previously it was slow, but was showing progress in the status bar. Now it does not show any progress, but does upload photos.

Hi Vitaly!

Some weeks ago we had a similar report from another user, related to duplicated uploads: [BUG] Image autoupload uploads images twice under certain conditions · Issue #3983 · owncloud/android · GitHub. Could you check if this is the same for you?
In case it is, you can follow the thread there so that we have everything in one same place :grinning:. In any case, if you have any kind of question or comment don’t hesitate to reply here or open another post :+1:.

Thanks!

1 Like

Yeah, put my comment there. Same thing for me as described there.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.