We would like to bring some more recent web technologies and new user experience to owncloud.
First steps towards a fresh and modern user experience have been taken already under the code name phoenix.
- implement a fresh new owncloud app
- if functionalities are missing in the app it has to be coordinated with the mentor on a solution
- the repo will be hosted within the owncloud GitHub organization and it will be GPLv2 licensed
- the GSoC project is considered successful if the app is working and available to all ownCloud users via the marketplace
Minimal functionalities of the new files app:
- list file by using pagination - please test with a folder with at least 10000 files
- navigate within the folder structure - the url in the browser address field has to adopt accordingly
- allow basic file operations like download, delete, rename
- integrate file sharing capabilities as available today in the existing files app
- plugin mechanism to allow other apps to register additional front end elements and operations