Help to resolve Error Message "Directory is unavailable"

owncloud was recently upgraded to 9.1.1 and get the following error message "This directory is unavailable, please check the logs or contact the administrator" whenever i try to upload the folder after sharing it out to another user

New help on resolving this issue

Hi,

please always use the latest available stable version (currently 9.1.2) before reporting issues with outdated versions. This helps to avoid that unneeded support is giving for stuff which might be already fixed a newer available version.

and have you checked those? It would also really help if you're filling out the issue template (The one starting with "Please help us by providing the following info") shown when creating a new thread. Currently nearly every information about your environment is missing here.

Thanks for the response!

This is my 1st time of actually opening a new topic in this medium and wasn't aware that i had to fill out the template.

Also i have checked the log files and below are few of the output:

{"reqId":"Z67f7TfJENihCS78IQT8","remoteAddr":"207.45.172.134","app":"public","message":"Exception: {\"Exception\":\"Error\",\"Message\":\"Class 'OCA\\Files_Sharing\\Connector\\PublicAuth' not found\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 \\/mnt\\/clouddata\\/owncloud\\/public.php(74): require_once()\n#1 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\/mnt\\/clouddata\\/owncloud\\/apps\\/files_sharing\\/publicwebdav.php\",\"Line\":34}","level":3,"time":"2016-11-04T20:33:08+00:00","method":"PROPFIND","url":"\/public.php\/webdav\/","user":"--"}
{"reqId":"98XfrosJZ9VWK0zG6DTw","remoteAddr":"207.45.172.134","app":"public","message":"Exception: {\"Exception\":\"Error\",\"Message\":\"Class 'OCA\\Files_Sharing\\Connector\\PublicAuth' not found\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 \\/mnt\\/clouddata\\/owncloud\\/public.php(74): require_once()\n#1 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\/mnt\\/clouddata\\/owncloud\\/apps\\/files_sharing\\/publicwebdav.php\",\"Line\":34}","level":3,"time":"2016-11-04T20:33:20+00:00","method":"PROPFIND","url":"\/public.php\/webdav\/","user":"--"}
{"reqId":"7PmIghCQWlRCysZ5NFnI","remoteAddr":"207.45.172.134","app":"public","message":"Exception: {\"Exception\":\"Error\",\"Message\":\"Class 'OCA\\Files_Sharing\\Connector\\PublicAuth' not found\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 \\/mnt\\/clouddata\\/owncloud\\/public.php(74): require_once()\n#1 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\/mnt\\/clouddata\\/owncloud\\/apps\\/files_sharing\\/publicwebdav.php\",\"Line\":34}","level":3,"time":"2016-11-04T20:33:22+00:00","method":"PROPFIND","url":"\/public.php\/webdav\/","user":"--"}
{"reqId":"eNfL6vPp+nrXYsfikwTG","remoteAddr":"207.45.172.134","app":"public","message":"Exception: {\"Exception\":\"Error\",\"Message\":\"Class 'OCA\\Files_Sharing\\Connector\\PublicAuth' not found\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 \\/mnt\\/clouddata\\/owncloud\\/public.php(74): require_once()\n#1 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\/mnt\\/clouddata\\/owncloud\\/apps\\/files_sharing\\/publicwebdav.php\",\"Line\":34}","level":3,"time":"2016-11-04T20:33:25+00:00","method":"PROPFIND","url":"\/public.php\/webdav\/","user":"--"}
{"reqId":"TsyNUizgVNu8Zan2f6BT","remoteAddr":"207.45.172.134","app":"public","message":"Exception: {\"Exception\":\"Error\",\"Message\":\"Class 'OCA\\Files_Sharing\\Connector\\PublicAuth' not found\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 \\/mnt\\/clouddata\\/owncloud\\/public.php(74): require_once()\n#1 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\/mnt\\/clouddata\\/owncloud\\/apps\\/files_sharing\\/publicwebdav.php\",\"Line\":34}","level":3,"time":"2016-11-04T20:33:32+00:00","method":"PROPFIND","url":"\/public.php\/webdav\/","user":"--"}

Hi,

/apps\/files_sharing\/publicwebdav.php

as you can see in the following link there is no such file included in 9.1.1: https://github.com/owncloud/core/tree/v9.1.1/apps/files_sharing

Most likely your issue is caused by a not correct done upgrade where you just have copied the new files over the old files without deleting the old ones (please see doc.owncloud.org for docs about correct upgrades).

Suggestion:

1. Remove all files and folders except /data and /config from your oC install folder
  2. Download 9.1.2 and extract into oC install folder
  3. Run upgrade routine

OK thanks!

I will try to perform the upgrade from 9.1.1 to 9.1.2.

Please can you provide the link to download 9.1.2 tar file

Thanks

You will find download links for oC 9.1.2 on https://owncloud.org/ as usual

YES i have downloaded and Thanks so much....

hello,

I have successfully upgraded from owncloud 9.1.1 -> 9.1.2 and still having the issue with "Directory Is Unavailable" after sharing a folder.

root@owncloud:/mnt/clouddata/owncloud# sudo -u www-data php occ -V
ownCloud version 9.1.2
root@owncloud:/mnt/clouddata/owncloud# sudo -u www-data php occ status
- installed: true
- version: 9.1.2.5
- versionstring: 9.1.2
- edition:

Then clear your logs and re-check them afterwards