How can I get expiration info about public shares

Hi,

in our OC-System we have users complaining their public shares running into timeouts even if they intentionally activate the "no timeout" option. They also protect the shares by the password-option.
After ~3 months the users trying to use the shares can't reach them anymore because OC sends back "invalid link".
I need to get information about those shares from the system.
Following this documentation "https://doc.owncloud.org/server/10.0/developer_manual/core/ocs-share-api.html" fails because login as user is not possible (password lacking).

Does anybody have an administrative solution for questioning the informations about shares and their expirations?
Is there possibly a hidden password expiration option somewhere in owncloud?

Regards - Ingo.

Greetings,

Is it possible that your users have to change their password every 90 days and that’s what causing the shares to fail?

You could see what is in your oc_shares table by logging in to your database and running :

select * from oc_share;

Hi dmitry,

thanks for your answer:
Your first question:

Is it possible that your users have to change their password every 90 days and that’s what causing the shares to fail?

We are not talking about OC- or linux-users. This is concerning guests who received mails with links to shares and password-protected access to that shares.
Are there options in OC concerning password expirations?

Your second post:
I'll give it a try and report later.

• Ingo

I have found this in the documentation, but that's an enterprise feature

https://doc.owncloud.com/server/10.0/admin_manual/configuration/server/security/password-policy.html?highlight=password

we use the non-enterprise version (9.1.4)

non enterprise means community :slight_smile:

okay. And what does this mean finally for me?

Well, did you find your shares in question in the oc_share table?

Basically if you don't set a expiration date for the password on a share, it should not expire. If it does happen, I would investigate first with the oc_shares table, then check back with the users, on how did they shared, and go from there.

The shares in questions are there, expiration is NULL.
I think I'll try out some options with own shares before believing the user-reported issue.

Thank's for your help.

Glad I could help you. Hope you solve your issue