How to change admin PWD without web interface

Steps to reproduce
1.My hosting provider has broken something on the server side, as a result of which no one can login via the web client (OC server and desktop clients work fine)
2. Hosting sysadmin is asking me for OC admin pwd to troubleshoot. I cannot give that out as it is re-used else where
3. I would like to change the admin pwd to something generic, before giving out to hosting sysadmin. The problem is I can't change it since I cannot login to web app.

Server configuration
Operating system: Linux
Web server: Apache
Database: MySQL
PHP version: 5.4 (this is reported by CPANEL - I cannot check the OC admin page to confirm this)
ownCloud version (see ownCloud admin page): 9.1.4 (info from CPANEL only)
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: no updates
Special configuration (external storage, external authentication, reverse proxy, server-side-encryption): none

ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log)
Unable to access the log since unable to login

Integrity status for oC9+
Unable to access the status since unable to login

Is there a way to change the admin password directly in MySQL or from a console? OC server is running fine.
Or could I run a copy of the login page from another source than my OC server, pointing to the active server to apply the normal PWD change routine? I know the current admin pwd, it is not lost or wrong.

This is not the purpose of my request, but in case it helps, the Chrome Page Inspector reports 2 x errors on the login page as follows (it was fine until the hosting provider broke something yesterday):

login:1 Error parsing header X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block, 1; mode=block: expected semicolon at character position 14. The default protections will be applied.
login:12 Refused to execute inline script because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "script-src 'self' 'unsafe-eval'". Either the 'unsafe-inline' keyword, a hash ('sha256-HASH REPLACED BY ME IN CASE IT IS SENSITIVE'), or a nonce ('nonce-...') is required to enable inline execution.

=> As far as I'm concerned it's for the box syadmin to revert what ever change they have made on the back end...quickly!

Thanks in advance

Hi,

an admin password can be reset like explained in the documentation:

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/latest/admin_manual/configuration_user/reset_admin_password.html

1 Like

Thank you, that is exactly the kind of information I was looking for. I will try option #3 which is the only one that has a chance.
For KinexMedia: I'm an OC admin who is stuck, unable to log into OC because my hosting provider has screwed up something :frowning: