How to connect S3 Minio to owncloud as primary storage

Kind of new to API’s and sort of doing this as a side project. But I am getting a little bit confused with the documentation. How exactly can I (if I even can) make my s3 minio my primary storage on owncloud. I see that it is saying something about downloading an app but Im confused if I should download that directly onto my owncloud server or not. I try to enter my minio config in the config.php file but I just get an internal server error. I also see something about a files_primary_s3 which I don’t seem to understand as well. Anything will help, thank you.

Hello,

you need to install and enable the files_primary_s3 app.

In your config php you need the following:

'objectstore' =>
  array (
    'class' => 'OCA\\Files_Primary_S3\\S3Storage',
    'arguments' =>
    array (
      'bucket' => 'owncloud',
      'options' =>
      array (
        'endpoint' => 'http://192.168.178.90:9000/',
        'version' => '2006-03-01',
        'region' => 'us-east-1',
        'credentials' =>
        array (
          'key' => 'accessKey1',
          'secret' => 'verySecretKey1',
        ),
        'use_path_style_endpoint' => true,
      ),
    ),
  ),

I have minio running locally, and the accessKey1 and verySecretKet1 are the username and passwords of the user you want to connect with.

The docs say this requires an S3 API provider that supports object versioning. They used the word “need”, so it sounds like a hard stop for me. I was hoping to use Tardigrade/Storj which has an S3 gateway without versioning support.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.