How to prevent download all files to Android phone? I need only to upload TO ownCloud server and don't sync

Is any way to prevent download all files to Android phone? I need only to upload TO ownCloud server and don’t sync. Thanks

Hi,

Files will be only downloaded if you actively choose to.

You see all your files if you open the app on your phone - yes.

But this is merely a list, not the actual file.

When I’m uploading folder with photos from “/DCIM/NewFolder” on the phone to ownCloud server, all photos became duplicates on the phone in “/owncloud” folder though I don’t open them, but just see a list of them. In owncloud Android app inside “NewFolder” I see photos previews (thumbnails) without tapping to them (((

You have the option in the settings either to move the files when uploading or copy. Choose move if you don’t want them duplicated.

1 Like

It is not an option and not a solution.
Solution would be to have an option to select what folders to sync from server to the client.
In current situation I’m forced to have at least 1 copy of photos on the phone which I completely don’t want to

Which version are you using? With the current document provider implementation, you can move from anywhere to anywhere.

1 Like